Alabama vs. USC ticket advice

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
If this doesn't belong in football, I apologize and please move to the appropriate forum. However, I think this post would be helpful to the average fan trying to go to the game next Saturday. I have been looking on Stubhub and the cheapest tickets are around $150. I went to the Wisconsin game last year and ended up buying them directly from the stadium for under $100 each (Can't remember exactly). Are they that much more expensive this year or should I wait for the day of the game again? Heck, I went to the Michigan State playoff game for $120 each off of Stubhub. What's my best option?

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
If this doesn't belong in football, I apologize and please move to the appropriate forum. However, I think this post would be helpful to the average fan trying to go to the game next Saturday. I have been looking on Stubhub and the cheapest tickets are around $150. I went to the Wisconsin game last year and ended up buying them directly from the stadium for under $100 each (Can't remember exactly). Are they that much more expensive this year or should I wait for the day of the game again? Heck, I went to the Michigan State playoff game for $120 each off of Stubhub. What's my best option?
Unless they sold out today, they are available through the Cowboys ticket office.

Edit.... Just checked, not sold out. The uppers ($100) are sold out on the BAMA side. Still available on USC side. Middle level corners ($200) still available on the BAMA side. Last year IIRC they were $90, $175 and $300. So slightly higher this year for the upper deck and middle level non club seats. Jerry was kind to Cowboys PSL holders. In return for buying a minimum 30 tickets we saved $15 on the uppers and got a parking pass for every 6 $200 or $300 purchased. He is so generous 😡😡😡

Last edited:

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
I live in Dallas so I can wait but what would you recommend I do? I want to try and get as close to the 50 as possible on the uppers. Should I try scalping? I tried that last year but couldnt find a good deal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
I live in Dallas so I can wait but what would you recommend I do? I want to try and get as close to the 50 as possible on the uppers. Should I try scalping? I tried that last year but couldnt find a good deal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
I have not looked for tix but, I don't remember seeing a lot out there. One of my buddies scalped for BAMA-Michigan and got lower near goal line for below face. Last year he found 2 for free. I don't remember where they were located.

Keep in mind upper between the 20's are $200 face. If I could find some $250 or lower, I'd buy them.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
I would wait until day of. Any time you're in setting where a Stubhub office is available (Dallas, New Orleans, Possibly Atlanta now) I'd wait until day of. Tickets typically drop to face value or under, and good seats should be plentiful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I would wait until day of. Any time you're in setting where a Stubhub office is available (Dallas, New Orleans, Possibly Atlanta now) I'd wait until day of. Tickets typically drop to face value or under, and good seats should be plentiful.
And the Stubhub office in Dallas is about 5 minutes walk from the stadium.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Here's what I found:

StubHub Arlington

Address: 1108 N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76011
Hours: Open today · 9AM–5PM
Phone: (866) 788-2482

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I think it's just west of the stadium...a block or two away. Been there to pick up a parking permit.

Edit: I realize that was pretty generic, but I recall it being in a strip mall. I wasn't driving so I wasn't paying real close attention as I was thinking all these Michigan State fans are going to be disappointed after the game. :)

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I think it's just west of the stadium...a block or two away. Been there to pick up a parking permit.

Edit: I realize that was pretty generic, but I recall it being in a strip mall. I wasn't driving so I wasn't paying real close attention as I was thinking all these Michigan State fans are going to be disappointed after the game. :)
That's the right address. It's about 0.3 miles from Jerry World when I Mapquest it.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Here's what I found:

StubHub Arlington

Address: 1108 N Collins St, Arlington, TX 76011
Hours: Open today · 9AM–5PM
Phone: (866) 788-2482
You'll need to follow my directions PRECISELY! It's just past the panda something chinese place and is the last office on the right. They'll be people outside hawking shirts, hats, ticket carriers etc (i think the tickets all come with generic stubhub ticket carriers).

PLEASE let me know if you guys get the hook up on tickets (location of seats and what you paid). I keep wanting to do it this way each year, but am way tooooo paranoid.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
On the day of the Michigan State game here - a PLAYOFF game, remember - I could have bought tix on StubHub for $85 (they BEGAN - nosebleed - at about $175 and gradually fell through the month of December; I know this because I checked for a deal every single day). Three days before the game, the cheapest seat in the upper deck is about $150 for a regular season game with a team that hasn't been a big deal in almost a decade.

I'm not quite following this. DFW is easy to get into flight-wise (TWO airports even) and what gives? You'd think the playoff game tix would be more, although I'll have to wait and see what they're going for Saturday morning. Unlike the playoff, I've already made up my mind I'm NOT going, mostly because I can watch OTHER games throughout the day.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
On the day of the Michigan State game here - a PLAYOFF game, remember - I could have bought tix on StubHub for $85 (they BEGAN - nosebleed - at about $175 and gradually fell through the month of December; I know this because I checked for a deal every single day). Three days before the game, the cheapest seat in the upper deck is about $150 for a regular season game with a team that hasn't been a big deal in almost a decade...
Perhaps because the team that hasn't been a big deal in almost a decade is from the largest college football market in the country, and is playing the team that has been the biggest deal for almost a decade?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
Perhaps because the team that hasn't been a big deal in almost a decade is from the largest college football market in the country, and is playing the team that has been the biggest deal for almost a decade?

Another reason they may not have dropped as much is for the playoff and when we played Michigan in 2012, and Mich St last year, 92K was "sell out". A sell out now is about 82K. They are not using the temporary seats. Also, they cut back on the standing room party passes by about 5K. The last thing Jerry did was when he put tix on sale to the PSL holders, he created 30, 50, 100 ticket packages in which 1/2 or more were in the upper deck. We got 8 lower club and the rest uppers. Before we ordered we found people for each ticket. I think that limited the brokers from buying them up. It also had more corporate clients buying them and they give them to employees who will go.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Perhaps because the team that hasn't been a big deal in almost a decade is from the largest college football market in the country,
The same market that has lost not one, not two, but THREE pro teams....and can do plenty besides football.

Furthermore, you're confusing "second largest city in the USA" with "actually gives a hoot about college football."

This is from 2012, but still:

USC took the top spot of the preseason Associated Press Top 25 poll, but its home market of Los Angeles wasn’t in the top 25 of highest-rated local markets.

In fact, market-wise it was number 43 for CFB.

and is playing the team that has been the biggest deal for almost a decade?
One would also think that since this is the FOURTH trip Alabama has made to Dallas since 2012, it would somewhat lower the number of Alabama fans, too - although the counter-argument ("USC was once huge and we haven't played them at all since Refrigerator Perry was a household name") holds some weight.

And I reiterate - one was for a shot at the whole bowl of wax and the other is a season opener. Even having 10,000 fewer seats shouldn't alter it THAT much, but oh well.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
The same market that has lost not one, not two, but THREE pro teams....and can do plenty besides football.

Furthermore, you're confusing "second largest city in the USA" with "actually gives a hoot about college football."...In fact, market-wise it was number 43 for CFB.

One would also think that since this is the FOURTH trip Alabama has made to Dallas since 2012, it would somewhat lower the number of Alabama fans, too - although the counter-argument ("USC was once huge and we haven't played them at all since Refrigerator Perry was a household name") holds some weight.

And I reiterate - one was for a shot at the whole bowl of wax and the other is a season opener. Even having 10,000 fewer seats shouldn't alter it THAT much, but oh well.
Okay, then, what's your theory?

tru2thaduce

All-SEC
Nov 25, 2005
Wichita,Kansas
I'm waiting on the prices to come down also but nothing seems to be giving.I may just stay home although being able to take in a Rangers game and then the Bama game across the parking lot is something id love to do.

bamamoss2

All-SEC
Sep 10, 2000
Cullman, Alabama
I'm waiting on the prices to come down also but nothing seems to be giving.I may just stay home although being able to take in a Rangers game and then the Bama game across the parking lot is something id love to do.

I watched the prices tumble down the last (2) years, but not as much this year. I got paranoid since the wife is going to the game and decided to get (4) at about $160 EACH WHILE I COULD STILL GET (4) TOGETHER.

Roll Tide!:BigA:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.