Link: Alabama owes its logic-defying success to one person

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
“What he’s doing is unheard of,” Kiffin said after January’s national championship victory. “[What he’s doing] is supposed to stop. … There’s supposed to be 9-5 years because that happens to everyone, [but] he continues to do it.

“The players change, the coaches change. He’s the one guy that stays the same.”

http://nypost.com/2016/08/29/alabama-owes-its-logic-defying-success-to-one-person/?ref=yfp

He is our HC and he is the best. It is a great time to be a Tide Fan.:BigA:

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I wasn't old enough to remember the Bryant days. I was 13 in 1992 and didn't appreciate that championship. I remember vividly the early 2000s. Our "off year" in 2010 at 10-3 was as good as one could hope for back then. Here's to another 10 years of Coach Saban at the Capstone.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I was glad to hear him tell Tim Tebow and Marty Smith that going to Lake Burton hopefully helps him want to coach for many more years.

Sounds like CNS has no plans to stop doing what he's doing!

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I was glad to hear him tell Tim Tebow and Marty Smith that going to Lake Burton hopefully helps him want to coach for many more years.

Sounds like CNS has no plans to stop doing what he's doing!
I caught that too. The guy may be 65, but he's a young and fit 65 if you ask me and who knows he might go another 10 yrs.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is actually not a teaser title because everyone knew the answer.

How rare must it be for a school to have two men who defy the logic of longevity and embrace adaptability?

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I was around for the Bryant era, and it was magic! It was pure misery when Bryant retired until Saban arrived, except for the few years we had Stallings. If there is anybody out there who does not understand what we are seeing today in Tuscaloosa, believe me, you will one day. I am enjoying and appreciate every single moment that we have Nick Saban as our head coach, and I hope he wants to stay another 10-15 years.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
What separates our multi NC dynasty from all others modern ESPN era is there in no scandal. USC imploded at the end of the last one. Coach Saban could coach 8 more years imo, but I predict 4 more.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I used to look with envy at Florida State, Miami (well not so much them), Nebraska, USC...figuring that if a coach could crack off a decent run there, why not at Alabama?

Anyone who predicted THIS level of success back in 2007 would have immediately been drug tested and had their license revoked.

I mean, remember...Saban wasn't going to be here after 2010 at the latest...now btw here's a funny one for you: on the day we got him, an Aubarner decided to rain on the parade and wrote blog after blog about Saban, whom he always calls Nick "I'm Not Gonna Be The Alabama Coach" Saban and how stupid we were to trust him.

When I pointed out Tuberville ("gonna leave Oxford in a pine box"), he said that was the standard Alabama answer but - and went back to attacking Saban. Pointed out Saban had a losing record against the Barn at LSU. The amazing thing? Saban ties the number of years Tubs was at the Barn this year.

How many championships did Wingnut win again? What number was it?

My Gawd, I'd have been happy with TWO. I was ecstatic with two back-to-back. What's weird is I wasn't even overly upset about losing the three-peat (other than the way it was lost and to Auburn of all teams) or the Ohio State game, primarily because we got beat heads up in both those games (the Buckeyes more so than Auburn, but the Barn DID cut us for over 300 yards rushing).

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I used to look with envy at Florida State, Miami (well not so much them), Nebraska, USC...figuring that if a coach could crack off a decent run there, why not at Alabama?

Anyone who predicted THIS level of success back in 2007 would have immediately been drug tested and had their license revoked.

I mean, remember...Saban wasn't going to be here after 2010 at the latest...now btw here's a funny one for you: on the day we got him, an Aubarner decided to rain on the parade and wrote blog after blog about Saban, whom he always calls Nick "I'm Not Gonna Be The Alabama Coach" Saban and how stupid we were to trust him........
There were some who predicted this level of success. That doesn't necessarily mean we knew what we were talking about, but for whatever reason, we thought it would happen. Maybe we should still be drug tested 😊.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.