Latest Bama News 8/29/2016 Thru 9/4/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Nick Saban: 'I kind of liked that, even though it was hard to take in practice'-CS/rbr
"I can’t tell you how they’re going to play in the game, especially the guys that have never played in the game," Saban said. "Cooper has played some here, which is a benefit to him. But I don’t know how these other guys are going to play in the game. Some guys go in the game and play a lot better.
Rohan Davey was a guy, I used to (put my hands over my face) in practice, because some days, he would throw the ball end over end in practice, and then he’d go throw for 400 yards in the game. I kind of liked that, even though it was hard to take sometimes in practice. But you knew the guy was always going to play well in the game, because he was that kind of competitor."
rbr op This certainly seems like he's going to let Barnett get some reps. Then again, if the offense is moving and scoring and more importantly not turning the ball over under Bateman, it may not matter how dynamic the arms behind him are.
We'll know Saturday night.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]Good Gumping here[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nick Saban's speech that launched the Alabama Crimson Tide dynasty-espn/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"But I want everyone here to know," Saban says, holding his hand out to stop the applause. For this, he needs their undivided attention. His voice grows louder.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"This is not the end. This is the beginning."[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Those two sentences, that sentiment, would come to mean many things to many people. For Witt, it brought a sigh of relief. For those players coming back next season, a loud wake-up call. For fans, it was everything.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]A good piece on the story of Nick Saban lofting high that trophy on a cold January morning and the reassurance that he gave to fans, coaches, and to players: Time to get to work, this is only the beginning.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]USC LB suspended for Alabama game reportedly being investigated for sexual assault-yahoo/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]USC linebacker Osa Masina will not travel to Dallas for the team’s Week 1 game against Alabama after being suspended for a violation of team rules. According to Fox 13 in Salt Lake City, Masina is currently under investigation by Cottonwood Heights (Utah) Police regarding allegations of sexual assault. The allegation is from over the summer; Masina is a native of Salt Lake City.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Masina was an important backup last season, and was in the mix for the starting OLB spot this season.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]You knew the Lane Kiffin puff pieces were coming.. rbr op.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]USC will be wary of a whistling Lane Kiffin against Alabama-yahoo/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What often gets lost in Kiffin's smirks, his cryptic and odd Twitter trolling, and the myriad takes on why he was elevated before his time as a head coach and then crashed so abruptly, is that he's pretty darn good at X's and O's and getting his offense into the end zone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He's one of more brilliant offensive minds in the country," Helton said. The conventional wisdom is the Kiffin, USC's head coach for 3 1/2 tumultuous seasons, is about to stick it to the Trojans on Saturday in AT&T Stadium. After all, USC athletic director Pat Haden humiliated him in 2013 with a midseason firing at Los Angeles International Airport after a 62-41 whipping by Arizona State.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It was the lowest part of my career by far," Kiffin said during his media availability in advance of the national title game.[/FONT]
rbr op[FONT=&quot]Kiffin apparently has a tell. If he whistles before the snap, he's going to change the play. I know who I want to play poker with.[/FONT]

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
[FONT=&quot]You knew the Lane Kiffin puff pieces were coming...[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]USC will be wary of a whistling Lane Kiffin against Alabama-msn/rbr[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]What often gets lost in Kiffin's smirks, his cryptic and odd Twitter trolling, and the myriad takes on why he was elevated before his time as a head coach and then crashed so abruptly, is that he's pretty darn good at X's and O's and getting his offense into the end zone.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"He's one of more brilliant offensive minds in the country," Helton said. The conventional wisdom is the Kiffin, USC's head coach for 3 1/2 tumultuous seasons, is about to stick it to the Trojans on Saturday in AT&T Stadium. After all, USC athletic director Pat Haden humiliated him in 2013 with a midseason firing at Los Angeles International Airport after a 62-41 whipping by Arizona State.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It was the lowest part of my career by far," Kiffin said during his media availability in advance of the national title game.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kiffin apparently has a tell. If he whistles before the snap, he's going to change the play. I know who I want to play poker with.[/FONT]

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.