2016 Football Depth Chart Thread

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Oh, how I wish we could get someone else returning punts.....

I really thought we'd see Marks back there this year....
We had a big time starter returning punts last year and it created 28 pts for us and great field position most of the time. We have always had an offensive or defensive starter returning punts for us since Coach arrived. I'm sure you don't want Calvin to get injured but it has not happened yet (knock on wood).

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
So how do yall read that, it looks like Marlon and Fitzpatrick are the first two corners on the field, no surprise there but who is the third? Is it the freshman Shyheim Carter or is it the vet Averett
Averett has been mentioned previously and he is one of the fastest guys on the team so I expect him.

bamaslammer

All-American
Jan 8, 2003
Argo, AL, St Clair
www.kirkwoodhouse.com
It was a late change for sure but Bozeman played some center last year when Kelley got hurt and Piersbacher knows how to play guard.
This is a disturbing change this close to the game but I suspect it's just got to do with knowing the calls better I feel Bozeman will eventually be a solid starter but there may be growing pains for him and the line as a whole. I am hoping to see a more physical approach to the run game and certainly Bozeman is a Bull Dozer.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
So how do yall read that, it looks like Marlon and Fitzpatrick are the first two corners on the field, no surprise there but who is the third? Is it the freshman Shyheim Carter or is it the vet Averett
all the practice reports point to Averett, but that doesn't always translate to the first game once game planning starts.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Dee Milliner and Dre Kirkpatrick were each first round draft picks.
Pretty close comparison. Be an interesting question after the season which pair you would take first. I think the later may be better lockdown CB's, not so much head crusher's

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
This is a disturbing change this close to the game but I suspect it's just got to do with knowing the calls better I feel Bozeman will eventually be a solid starter but there may be growing pains for him and the line as a whole. I am hoping to see a more physical approach to the run game and certainly Bozeman is a Bull Dozer.
Yup..In all honesty I was surprised Bozeman wasn't our #1 C in the offseason practices..When he filled in for Kelly the last couple years our offense didn't miss a beat & he had the most experience at the C position..Bozeman is a stud O-Lineman..I thought he'd be our best option at C with his experience of playing the position & making the extremely important line calls at the LOS..

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Yup..In all honesty I was surprised Bozeman wasn't our #1 C in the offseason practices..When he filled in for Kelly the last couple years our offense didn't miss a beat & he had the most experience at the C position..Bozeman is a stud O-Lineman..I thought he'd be our best option at C with his experience of playing the position & making the extremely important line calls at the LOS..
Agreed. And I also read somewhere he's more accurate and consistent with shotgun snaps. We're gonna need that.

RTR!!!

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
And one of the strongest guys on the team. He was benching close to 500 lbs coming out of high school. I have total faith in Bradley.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Agreed. And I also read somewhere he's more accurate and consistent with shotgun snaps. We're gonna need that.

RTR!!!
You make a great point because we have played more out of the Shotgun Formation under Coach Kiff & that may be the reason Bozeman was moved to C this late before the the 1st game of the year..

And one of the strongest guys on the team. He was benching close to 500 lbs coming out of high school. I have total faith in Bradley.
Yup..That's one reason I'm glad he's our starter at C because he's a freaking bulldozer plowing the way on running plays & that will be important until our young QB or QB's(if we play 2 QB's) gets a feel being the starter at QB or gets their feet wet ya could say playing on the college level..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.