News Article: Anthony Weiner

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yeah you can't help but admire her effort to try and keep it together as long as she did, but I agree with her decision to end it. Third time's a charm.
i have to admit i just don't understand his behavior. he definitely outkicked his coverage with huma, and he screwed that up by sending pictures of his junk to random folks

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
i have to admit i just don't understand his behavior. he definitely outkicked his coverage with huma, and he screwed that up by sending pictures of his junk to random folks
Normals never will. His displays haven't been totally random, in the sense that an exhibitionist pulls into parking lot, calls a woman over and displays. It appears Weiner (real pronunciation "whiner") is more selective than that. Nevertheless, studies of these individual reveal that they believe, no matter what the victim's reaction may be, that they are turning on the witnessing individual. They really, truly believe it. There is a heavy dose of narcissism in their makeups...

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
honestly believe it to be a sham political marriage, and at this point she has to cut and run as he is making her look stupid

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
honestly believe it to be a sham political marriage, and at this point she has to cut and run as he is making her look stupid
I'm not that cynical, having known women in similar situations try to stick it out whether it be alcohol, infidelity, drugs or abuse. If she wanted to cut out because he was making her look stupid, she probably would have done it 3 years ago.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm not that cynical, having known women in similar situations try to stick it out whether it be alcohol, infidelity, drugs or abuse. If she wanted to cut out because he was making her look stupid, she probably would have done it 3 years ago.
but if she had cut and run then she would have made her mentor look bad for not doing the same

I really think she and Hillary are a couple, and I really don't care if they are

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Marriages can be saved after infidelity and be stronger than ever. It may not be all that common, but it can happen. I know a guy who counsels couples going through it and a couple of guys at my church who cheated and were able to save their marriage. One of the wives who was cheated on has talked to women in similar circumstances. She tells them that healing is possible, BUT she would only recommend it with lots of counselling. If the husband just promises to change his ways, that ain't gonna cut it. I know her and her husband well and their marriage is very solid. The husband says that getting caught was the best thing that ever happened to him.

I would never judge anybody who stayed and tried to make it work, especially if they have kids. But, repeated crap like this or cases that involved abuse, I don't understand sticking around at all.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
I think it's clear the man has a mental deficiency. Not just stupidity or narcissism, but a real sickness. It's disgusting and sad at the same time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Marriages can be saved after infidelity and be stronger than ever. It may not be all that common, but it can happen.
There IS some truth to this, and of course it depends on the situation. I think folks need to learn that every situation is different. Sometimes, the roots of the bad relationship are then exposed by the act of infidelity. Truth is infidelity RARELY has anything to do with sex or lack of home satisfaction. It can, but it's actually quite rare.

I know a guy who counsels couples going through it and a couple of guys at my church who cheated and were able to save their marriage. One of the wives who was cheated on has talked to women in similar circumstances. She tells them that healing is possible, BUT she would only recommend it with lots of counselling. If the husband just promises to change his ways, that ain't gonna cut it. I know her and her husband well and their marriage is very solid. The husband says that getting caught was the best thing that ever happened to him.
I know of a similar situation in an old church I was in. In fact, they were not Christians at the time and it was a Christian cheating with the woman's husband. She went and told her what was going on and they separated but what happened long-term (as horrible as the journey was) made all three of them better.

I would never judge anybody who stayed and tried to make it work, especially if they have kids. But, repeated crap like this or cases that involved abuse, I don't understand sticking around at all.
And that right there is why I've long said Hillary frightens me with her lust for power. (I'm consistent, though, Trump frightens me, too, but that's another thread). She is not a woman who was wronged by a philandering husband - she's one who was REPEATEDLY (hell, serially) betrayed over and over and over again (this is not just hearsay, Clinton admitted to several affairs under oath in the deposition where he lied about Monica) - and her whole thing is to not only stay but have others dig up dirt on the women.

But if you wanna be President bad enough, there are those who will sacrifice their self-respect.

Now onto Weiner, which is funny because Earle pointed out what the press seems to miss - it's WINER (e.g. Whiner), not WEE-ner, but this is a punch line that writes itself, too. (Anthony Wee-ner, the Peter Tweeter, as Jay Leno called him several years ago every single night).

Btw - another one I'd put in the Hillary 'lacking self-respect' category is Frances Swaggart, the wife of Jimmy. No, she ain't looking to be President, but her actions over Jimmy's REPEATED infidelities are in the same league. The one everyone remembers (or knows about - if they do) was the infamous tearful confession in February 1988, but Jimmy has been caught with hookers TWICE more that I'm aware of (one was the weekend of the Clarence Thomas hearings in 1991) and another time in 1995.

I'd rather be in a room with Putin than Swaggart - at least Putin won't cover his deception with appeals to Jee-zus.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That comes across really strong in Weiner's interviews.
It takes a certain type to think that a penis is beautiful enough to be worth displaying. IIRC, Brett Favre got caught at the same thing. Wonder if he likes to study other penises, or just his own...?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.