Early Odds for Week 1 (2016) Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Aaaaaand we're off...and back for

TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only.

• The Will Muschamp era will begin with South Carolina as a 4 pt favorite over Vandy
  • Tennessee is favored by 23.5 over Appalachian St. (Mack's Note: wouldn't it be grand if they could give them the Michigan treatment)
  • Kansas St. is a 16.5 pt underdog over Stanford
  • Georgia Tech is favored by 3 over BC
  • Mizzou is an 11.5 pt underdog to West Va.
  • Miss St. is favored by 34 over South Alabama (Mack's note: I'll take USA on that one)
  • Kentucky is a 7.5 pt favorite over Southern Miss
  • Arkansas is favored by 20.5 over LaTech
  • Florida's favored by 30 over UMass
  • Auburn is an 8 pt underdog to Clemson (Mack's note: Easiest money you'll make all year.)
  • TAMU is a 1 pt favorite over UCLA
  • LSU is favored by 10 over Wisconsin
  • UGA is a 3.5 pt favorite over UNC
  • Oklahoma is favored by 10.5 over Houston
  • Bama is a 9 pt favorite over USC
  • Ole Miss is a 5 pt dog to Florida St.
  • Notre Dame is favored by 3.5 over Texas

On paper this is the best opening week I've ever seen. Here's hoping it lives up to expectations.

Last edited:

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Sure good to see this thread back up. My picks would be Fl.St, Notre dumb, Kentucky, and Wisky. Lsu wins but has a tough time of it. Ole Miss can't hang with noles, and texas again below expectations.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
What is everybody else missing here that Vegas is on to? I don't see any way the Barn doesn't get RUN.
Everyone keeps telling me that AU has a way of making games like this closer than they should be and the luck factor, etc. I can't argue with that logic. I just think Clemson is a very, very good team.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Clemson would have to show up drunk for that line to be the final margin. Although they've done that sort of thing in the past (hence, "clemsoning" becoming a thing), I think they have largely gotten over that kind of nonsense.

Would not be surprised to see Texas, UNC, UCLA, Wisconsin, or Vandy cover.

As for us, I just hope we don't turn the ball over. We'll be fine if that is the case. I don't care if we cover; JUST WIN.

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Everyone keeps telling me that AU has a way of making games like this closer than they should be and the luck factor, etc. I can't argue with that logic. I just think Clemson is a very, very good team.
True on all counts. I tend to listen closely to Coach Saban when he gives a rare scouting report. If he thinks Clemson is the best team in the country, I think I might go after that "easy money" as suggested. :)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I just have a funny feeling Big Game Bob is gonna disappoint the Sooner faithful this year.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
I just have a funny feeling Big Game Bob is gonna disappoint the Sooner faithful this year.
Trend has been they perform well when mediocrity is expected and disappointed when they have high expectations . They're trying to buck that trend. They can prove in the first 3 weeks that they're legit. I'm leaning toward them starting 2-1, losing to either Houston out of the gate or to tOSU in Week 3. Both are early enough for them to regroup & make the playoff

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Trend has been they perform well when mediocrity is expected and disappointed when they have high expectations . They're trying to buck that trend. They can prove in the first 3 weeks that they're legit. I'm leaning toward them starting 2-1, losing to either Houston out of the gate or to tOSU in Week 3. Both are early enough for them to regroup & make the playoff
I think they lose to Houston and upset tOSU in week 3. They will lose a Big12 team this season as well.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I expect the ucla and texas A&M game to be the closest of all the big games this weekend. ucla has rosen, and A&M has an experienced knight. should be exciting for teams. a lot of talent and the only advantage I see is it being a home game at college station. great atmosphere, and it will be hot and humid, a factor I believe.

tj3333

Aug 20, 2016
I expect the ucla and texas A&M game to be the closest of all the big games this weekend. ucla has rosen, and A&M has an experienced knight. should be exciting for teams. a lot of talent and the only advantage I see is it being a home game at college station. great atmosphere, and it will be hot and humid, a factor I believe.
How does A&M's d-line look this year? Rosen does not do well with pressure, and I believe they have some question marks in the middle of their o-line. Adding to the intrigue is Mazonne becoming A&M's coordinator. Should be a fun one to watch...

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
How does A&M's d-line look this year? Rosen does not do well with pressure, and I believe they have some question marks in the middle of their o-line. Adding to the intrigue is Mazonne becoming A&M's coordinator. Should be a fun one to watch...
They have two NFL quality pass rushers, but their interior line isn't that good. If UCLA can keep Rosen upright I think they win, if they can't this may get ugly.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.