GA News: OnlineAthens - UGA QBs flip practice order as Greyson Lambert goes first

TideFans Reporter

Click for Real-Time Bama News
Sep 21, 2006
From OnlineAthens.com
August 29th, 2016 04:10 PM

Georgia’s top two quarterbacks were practicing in a different order on Monday during the media viewing period.
Fifth-year senior Greyson Lambert went first and freshman Jacob Eason went second.
That’s a change from the last practice open to the media on Friday.
Earlier in the day, coach Kirby Smart said the competition had been narrowed to those two, but that he wasn’t ready to name a starter
“For me the most important thing is making the right decision for who's going to go out there and be successful and execute for our team and our program,” Smart said.
Eason had been working extensively with the No. 1 unit but had also gotten some No. 2 work as well.
His quarterback trainer, Lavelle Durant, said Sunday Eason told him “I feel like I can be the guy. We’ll see what the coach’s decision is.'”
Lambert went first in both media viewing periods Monday. That could be significant or it could be coaches trying to keep North Carolina guessing.
The second period was the quarterbacks throwing to the wide receivers.
Lambert and Eason switched every rep with third-stringer Brice Ramsey working in on occasion.
There were no defenders and most of the passes were complete.
Lambert had a pass go off the hands of Reggie Davis. Eason had an overthrow on a pass to Terry Godwin and couldn’t connect again with him later, but showed his live arm when he fired a completion to Riley Ridley.
Other observations:
--Running back Sony Michel continues to practice in a non-contact jersey. He has yet to be cleared after sustaining a broken left forearm. He is still questionable for the opener Saturday.
“It's not in my hands right now,” Smart said earlier in the day. “It's up to the doctors. He's been practicing. He's been practicing every day. He goes out there and does everything he can. He hasn't been cleared to tackle live. It's a situation that's day to day and we're getting updates every day, and he's doing more each practice.
--Running back Elijah Holyfield continues to practice in a regular jersey coming off a sprained ankle.
“Holyfield is out there, going to do as much as he can today,” Smart said. “He's still gimpy on the ankle, but we're going to get all we can out of him.”
--Graduate transfer Tyler Catalina still look like the starting left tackle. Isaiah Wynn is the left guard, Brandon Kublanow is at center, Lamont Gaillard at right guard and Greg Pyke at right tackle
Syncronex:
Metered

...READ MORE HERE...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.