Say Something Nice About USC...? (We haven't done one of these in a while)

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
While still in high school in Virginia USC was a fav. team of mine and I especially remember RB Anthony Davis scoring 6 TD's against ND in a 1972 game. Two of those TD's were from kick off returns. In fact Davis set an NCAA record for career kick off returns for TD's (6) which held until C.J. Spiller broke it in 2009.

Man that cat could fly!

Go to the 1:50 mark in the video below and check it out....whoa....shades of Percy Harvin!

exiledNms

Hall of Fame
Aug 2, 2002
Hattiesburg, MS (USA)
My freshman year roomie transferred out there rt before I transferred home to Bama. Both of us transferred to a school whose team we had rooted for growing up, so both of us were very happy! He's a great guy who lives near Laguna Beach & still goes surfing many an afternoon w/ all the 20-something hippie boy surfers.

Also, I used to enjoy watching the "Student Body Right" & "Student Body Left" plays. Everybody watching knew it'd be a toss sweep to the RB; despite that, not many could stop it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think I'll wait until they say something nice about Alabama - the state or the school. From reading their boards, I think it'll be a long wait...

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
John Wayne played there, till he was processed after suffering a shoulder injury body surfing

tj3333

Aug 20, 2016
I think I'll wait until they say something nice about Alabama - the state or the school. From reading their boards, I think it'll be a long wait...
Gents, I'm guessing this is a tradition of yours? If so, I gotta say it's a fantastic idea - very cool. I, for one, am thrilled this game is finally here. I really wish it was a home and home series (I'd seriously love to take in a game at Bryant-Denny stadium, and to see USC and Alabama in the Coliseum would be amazing), but love that two of the most tradition rich football programs are playing each other to start the 2016 season. Here's hoping for an injury free game!

Trojaneen

Aug 12, 2016
Based on my trip to the SC-Bama game at Birminham in 1978, your fans were incredibly nice, even after the loss. We had a great time down there. I think that the vast majority of Trojans hold you in the highest esteem. I look forward to seeing your crowd this weekend. Fight On!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.