FYI, our Week 1 previews are set for tonight. But I want to say to our members...

CrimsonRuss

1st Team
Sep 30, 2015
This is the only football forum I ever visit. No need to go anywhere else. Everything you could want to know about Bama Football, and Bama sports in general, is right here. Best site on the planet with great people and mods who do a really good job.
Thanks!
sip
Completely agree with everything Sip just said. This is the only forum I've ever joined or visit. I've been lurking an occasionally posting since 1999. My original screen name was Roll92Tide. I've had to change it thru the years because I forgot my password on numerous occasions!😳😂😂😳
This is hands down the best site on the web for anything Bama! Thank y'all for all you do to make this site what it is!

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
So this is what a group hug looks like on the internet . . . :D

Seriously, thanks to Brett, Jess, Earl and everyone else who've had a part in this site. From BamaNation to TideFans, it's the only forum I've ever been a part of. It's simply the best.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
I read other forums as do many of our members but TideFans, or BamaNation I think when I found it (I remember the great crash) just seems like home. You can go to pay sites or troll sites, but if your like me this one does really seem like home. It's the only one that made me sad when I stepped too far over the line a was banned for a time. I wont do that again.

A tremendous thanks to all those that have taken the time to help monitor and support this site so we can enjoy Alabama Sports and even political topics all for free.

If you ever need something, like a voluntary pay pal contribution do so. I'd hate to lose this place. Thanks for all the hard work that so many have contributed over the years.....and Roll Tide!

Last edited:

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Amen to all the great posts in this thread...

Just imagine what it was like for a longtime fan in Canada to follow Crimson Tide football since I became a fan in the late '70's...

No local newspaper / radio / television coverage / discussion.

No ESPN [even now...]

No one with whom to talk Alabama football...

This site is nothing short of my lifeline to Crimson Tide football.

Some might say to my detriment, as attested to by my accountant delicately asking me a variation of "Soooooo, I've been noticing a slight drop in your billable hours these last few years... Everything okay?" :wink:

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
I would amen all that has been said above, and add this: This site treats rival team members with respect and courtesy (as long as they toe the line and play nice), neither of which I've found on any other team boards. This is a direct reflection on the high caliber leadership this board is fortunate to have. Brett, Jess, Earle, and the other mods are good shepherds to this flock.

Knowing that Brett wasn't trolling for compliments, I always like to take these kind of posts as the opportunity to slather on kudos for the staff of TF.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This site is my escape from reality...after long days of visiting people with all manner of cancers, dementia, etc., here is where I come to talk about matters that, while important in a way, are not life-threatening. Very few in NC really care about college football -- and even less about the SEC or Bama. So, here's where I can keep up and have a little fun...maybe even stay sane a little longer!

RTR!!!

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
I think the greatest strengths of this site are these:

*Strong, robust no-nonsense moderation of the threads.
*Excellent, insightful value-added commentary and content from Jess that rivals and exceeds anything you will find elsewhere.
*The wonderful human beings of all ages, from all walks of life, and scattered all over God's creation--sharing one common bond of love for the University--that post here.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
A very special place. There are people driving cars now that weren't born when I joined, and I'd been reading for a while before that. I may be getting old. I have been here in good times and some not so good times, but this board has been a constant good experience. Roll Tide everyone.

I was lucky to even find this website/board. I joined this shortly after Bama won it all in 2009. I thank God, truly, that I have something to come to for Bama football among other cool things here. We have our differences but overall this is extremely wonderful.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
We have a family friendly forum. Our Mods do a fantastic job with the board.
We have folks who are very knowledgeable about Alabama Football.
Thanks for what you do for the rest of us...

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
I can't lie, I was "one of those others Alabama sites." I owned and operated another Alabama website for several years. I can't tell you the amount of time that goes into something smaller than this, I can't even imagine what goes into this one. And it's mostly at a break-even, or for me, at a loss of money. But it's never about the money, it was always about the users. Giving them a place to come and pour out their heart, ask questions, do what they wanted. At the time I joined here, TideFans was a little bit stricter than I wanted to be. Looking back, it was really a case of Tidefans was more mature than I was.

If nothing else, the thing I love most about this place is you've never changed your core philosophies. Treat people with respect. And that is becoming a practice that is missing in our society as the days pass.

Thanks to everyone that makes this happen.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.