FYI, our Week 1 previews are set for tonight. But I want to say to our members...

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Thanks for being here with us. Sincerely.

Something happens when you take the time to build a membership base the way we have, and to employ dedicated, level-headed moderators who are serious about their craft: You end up with a membership base that is the epitome of what "Internet fans" should be, not to mention that you end up with probably the most knowledgeable collection of fans of any site.

I had time to reflect a bit on this today as I was asked to provide a self-written bio for an event I'm going to be a part of later this week (not connected to UA sports). I was limited in the length of what I could provide. When you try to condense a life down into four or five sentences, it's not easy, at just about any age.

I had to pick and choose what I'd highlight, and aside from highlighting the parts of my current "real job" that were germane to the task, I chose to talk about the relationship I've had with BamaNation Partners LLC (that's the Clark Kent to TideFans.com's Superman) for 20 years now. The reason for that is, alongside our staff and our members, we have built something substantial here that has stood the test of time. It's even more meaningful given the comings and goings of other sites for a variety of reasons over that same time frame. What I do is quite easy compared to the amount of work that has to be done to hold the site up structurally, and I'm not talking about servers and ports. Most of that work falls to our mod team and the people actually participating in the discussions themselves.

Sometime over the coming years, there will be a disruptive sea change coinciding with the retirement of Nick Saban. We've enjoyed a lot of success together here but a lot of us also remember what it was like to try to unwind the knots of Mike DuBose's tenure, or Mike Shula's, or the Mike Price mini-tenure. The first thing I ever wrote for Brett, I wrote about Gene Stallings in 1996 and I wrote it from the computer lab in the basement of Gordon Palmer Hall my senior year at UA. I couldn't even read it when Brett published it, because that old computer lab was full of text-only terminals and didn't have access to a browser of any kind. This was back before the name "TideFans.com" ever existed. It's just funny to think about how this site, along with all the other "old school" Alabama sites cut their teeth during arguably the most tumultuous time in program history.

I hope I'm around when that next stage comes. I have no plans to be anywhere else. To everyone else, thanks for making TideFans work. Without you, we're just smashing little plastic keys into the nether.

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I thank you for all the work that's put in to TideFans every. It is without a doubt the best Bama site out there.
I also thank all the mods for running the ship on a daily basis and keeping us steady.

This is also a good place to thank Kyallie for the work posting all the links dailey.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks Jess, and you are welcome....when I think I've been a part of this family for 15+ years....it becomes pretty crazy. I've known Sip longer than I've known my own wife...how crazy is that?

You all were here when my youngest was born, when my Dad passed, and when I got married to the "right" girl....and though some of our friends are no longer with us -- I still think about them often.....

And like any family -- some of you sure know how to get under my skin ;)

Roll Tide my Tidefans brothers!!

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
Absolutely love being a part of this site. Thanks to all the writers and mods who give so much to us, the fans. I was drawn to this site because of the knowledge that is represented here every day and the class the folks on this site show.

Tidefans. For the fans by the fans.

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

VirginiaTide57

All-American
Jan 19, 2005
Fredericksburg, Virginia
Best Bama site hands down! Thanks Jess and staff!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Best college football site hands downs. I peruse the sites of our competition during the season and I'm always woefully disappointed. Tidefans.com is superior thanks to the hard work and dedication of the staff, and I can't thank you enough.

Roll Tide!

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
Haven't posted as much as some but been a member going on fifteen years . I can't think of a whole week that went by that I wasn't on this site reading what others have posted. Thanks JessN for everything that yall do.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
Amen to the above posts. Trying to read some other football forums is painful. So much profanity, teaser titles everywhere, disorganization with multiple threads on the same topic, etc. Thanks to all. This site plays a huge part in my college football experience each year.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
This is the only football forum I ever visit. No need to go anywhere else. Everything you could want to know about Bama Football, and Bama sports in general, is right here. Best site on the planet with great people and mods who do a really good job.
Thanks!
sip

JamieSPC

1st Team
Aug 29, 2004
Maylene, AL
Every day, several times a day, football, basketball, baseball, recruiting.

And I'm sure I'm not alone in this: Like my fandom and loyalty to my school through thick and thin, this site has been a constant. It's unusual to say you're thankful for a website, but this is an unusual website.

I appreciate the site itself and the family that gathers here.

Roll Tide. Let's go get another one.

Krymsonman

Hall of Fame
Sep 1, 2009
River Ridge, LA
This is far and away the best site around, has the best members, best information, and best comments coming at you every day. And Jess, you are my favorite prognosticator! Krymsonman

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
I have been reading this site for over 15 years. I like the fact that the language is respectful and informative but the weekly previews are always the best and most objective of any that are written anywhere. Also the breakdown of incoming freshmen and classes after the fact are always interesting and informative. Thanks for all you do. I don't post much but I read most all of the posts a few times each week.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Great post Jess! I found this site while living abroad in the days when there was no internet broadcast of Tide games. My dad called me every gameday and I listened to Eli over the telephone. This site was a blessing to me in those days. It is not that I have a loyalty to this site more than the fact that I identify with you and all the posters here. This is my only home on the web and I have never joined any other site in all of these years. For that reason I really enjoy heartfelt posts in threads like this so that I can express my gratitude and sincere thanks. You guys are the best!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.