Link: God Bless FSU's Travis Rudolph

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
It looks very conspicuous that every child in the photo is turned away from the camera like they told them they had to turn around because they're not allowed to be in the photo since they didn't sit with the kid.

It's a really nice thing that he did, but I don't know if it mentioned why he was at a middle school though.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
It looks very conspicuous that every child in the photo is turned away from the camera like they told them they had to turn around because they're not allowed to be in the photo since they didn't sit with the kid.

It's a really nice thing that he did, but I don't know if it mentioned why he was at a middle school though.

I agree....it's almost like they are facing their lunch while sitting in the cafeteria at lunchtime.

Kids......they do the darndest things!

:)

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I agree....it's almost like they are facing their lunch while sitting in the cafeteria at lunchtime.

Kids......they do the darndest things!

:)
Well the girls look normal, but look at the boys at the same table. Their backs look turned to the boy. Could just be something interesting going on in the background that can't be seen though.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Cool story. To me with Rudolph sitting there, should have attracted the other boys to where they were sitting.

Sounds like a great story with a staged photo-op.

Happiest for the mom....she seems to have needed the goodwill as much as her son did.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If that was stages, t's more likely had to do with the media being required to have signed parental approval to broadcast images of a child. Easier to make the kids look away than track down signatures and hope you get them all.

That said, it just looks like none of the kids were looking that way when the picture was snapped.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
If that was stages, t's more likely had to do with the media being required to have signed parental approval to broadcast images of a child. Easier to make the kids look away than track down signatures and hope you get them all.

That said, it just looks like none of the kids were looking that way when the picture was snapped.
It's a cellphone picture. It's highly likely that no one even new a photo was being taken aside from Rudolph. I'm pretty cynical about media coverage and "photo-ops" but this seems genuine. Sure, Rudolph probably knew people were watching and knew it was the right thing to do, but he still did it and it still meant a lot to the mother of that child.

Even if it was "staged" with all the disparaging news about college athletes it's just nice to see one who knows what kind of attention he should be attracting.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
FSU's Travis Rudolph - God Bless You for Your Kindness

OK, if you're prone to crying you might not want to check this one out. I'm a grown middle-aged man who rarely gets emotional/sentimental about most things, but after I read this story and the associated facebook post I closed the door to my office, sat at my desk and cried like a baby. Travis Rudolph, FSU wide receiver, was caught in a "random act of kindness" that touched my heart more than anything in recent memory. Don't know why, but something about the thought of this sweet kid having to eat his lunch all alone nearly every day was heartbreaking to me in a way I'm not sure how to describe, and I thank God for people like Travis Rudolph who are willing to take the time to reach out to someone and touch their lives in this way. The kid may not really even grasp it, but you can bet his mom and family do. Little things done for the right reasons can make a big impact. Please take a moment to read the stories and see the videos about this linked below (scroll down a bit on the ESPN link) and make sure and read the mom's facebook post - heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. God bless Bo Paskes and his family, and God bless you, Travis Rudolph - you have a fan now in me, too.

ESPN Story

Fox Story

Facebook Post

Edit: Sorry, didn't see the other thread before posting, thanks to mods for merging.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: FSU's Travis Rudolph - God Bless You for Your Kindness

OK, if you're prone to crying you might not want to check this one out. I'm a grown middle-aged man who rarely gets emotional/sentimental about most things, but after I read this story and the associated facebook post I closed the door to my office, sat at my desk and cried like a baby. Travis Rudolph, FSU wide receiver, was caught in a "random act of kindness" that touched my heart more than anything in recent memory. Don't know why, but something about the thought of this sweet kid having to eat his lunch all alone nearly every day was heartbreaking to me in a way I'm not sure how to describe, and I thank God for people like Travis Rudolph who are willing to take the time to reach out to someone and touch their lives in this way. The kid may not really even grasp it, but you can bet his mom and family do. Little things done for the right reasons can make a big impact. Please take a moment to read the stories and see the videos about this linked below (scroll down a bit on the ESPN link) and make sure and read the mom's facebook post - heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. God bless Bo Paskes and his family, and God bless you, Travis Rudolph - you have a fan now in me, too.

ESPN Story

Fox Story

Facebook Post
Thanks for posting. As a parent of a special needs daughter I can relate and appreciate what Travis did. It makes me happy to see a good positive story as opposed to all the bad ones about college football players. Like you, I will be a fan of Travis' but not the Noles.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.