Alabama is the Death Star

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
The Crimson Tide can blow your season up before it starts.

Those of us who speak “Star Wars” know the truth. Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian blew up Death Stars. Poe Dameron blew up another one — now called the Starkiller Base — in the new movie. It doesn’t really matter. They’ll create more Storm Troopers. They’ll build another Death Star.

It’s the same concept with Alabama.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...rgia-north-carolina/pvmq1s9lshv71u8ic4127kuld

;) I love it. I guess Coach Saban is Darth Vader. :biggrin:

Braveheart

All-SEC
Feb 12, 2006
Have you seen the spoof of that Star Wars, where they come up with these crazy/goofy nick names for the Death Star?

"Sphere O Fear", "The Deathticle", "Giant Hurt Ball".

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Seems like not too like ago I felt like we were A Dead Star.........I rode it out and we went Super Nova and can be seen, feared and awed by the entire Galaxy

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Have you seen the spoof of that Star Wars, where they come up with these crazy/goofy nick names for the Death Star?

"Sphere O Fear", "The Deathticle", "Giant Hurt Ball".
I have never seen Star Wars or any prequels or sequels. I have seen many spoofs and one in particular talks about the architect's unique design that included a small hole that could destroy the entire thing if shot with a laser (or something).

Trojaneen

Aug 12, 2016
The Crimson Tide can blow your season up before it starts.

Those of us who speak “Star Wars” know the truth. Luke Skywalker and Lando Calrissian blew up Death Stars. Poe Dameron blew up another one — now called the Starkiller Base — in the new movie. It doesn’t really matter. They’ll create more Storm Troopers. They’ll build another Death Star.

It’s the same concept with Alabama.

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...rgia-north-carolina/pvmq1s9lshv71u8ic4127kuld

;) I love it. I guess Coach Saban is Darth Vader. :biggrin:
Star Wars may have been a poor choice for this analogy because Gerorge Lucas, the creator of Star Wars, is a Trojan and our largest donor. Fight On!

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
Alabama is the death star, starship Enterprise, Klingon bird of prey, Romulan warbird and battlestar Galactica all rolled into one.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I have never seen Star Wars or any prequels or sequels. I have seen many spoofs and one in particular talks about the architect's unique design that included a small hole that could destroy the entire thing if shot with a laser (or something).
The Empire clearly needs new engineers. WAY too many design flaws. The worst is the panels on TIE fighters that effectively give the pilot the same field of vision he'd have sitting on the floor inside a closet.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.