Cecil Hurt On Depth Charts

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
This was an actual comment on local radio earlier this week by a fan certain that Jalen Hurts should start: "well, Saban's won four out of seven (national championships) but he ain't perfect or else it would be seven out of seven.")
I jested on here with another member (CoastGhost) about this exact same thing and someone actually had the audacity to go out and say it. SMH.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
He definitely nailed it on that one, great article! It will be awesome to see how the young talent we have develops, and I trust the coaches to make the right decisions. The level of success we have enjoyed since the title in 2009 is nothing short of miraculous especially with the level of competition. It makes me thankful to have lived through this era of Tide greatness, RTR!

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
If I were a head coach, I don't think I'd ever release a depth chart. Everybody who needs to know -- assistant coaches and players -- they already know.

Let everybody who doesn't need to know -- the fans, opposing coaches and media -- figure it out.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
I made a decision early this summer that this was going to simply be a season I would choose to enjoy, wins and losses aside. I'll certainly be vested in the games as usual, but I'm not going to sit back and microanalyze every play of every game.

I've been blessed as a Bama fan with what has to be one of the greatest runs in college football history since CNS arrived. Do I want it to continue? Absolutely. But it is time also to be appreciative of what I've experienced.

We've got a lot great young talent on this team. I'm just hoping I can sit back and enjoy watching them grow.

RTR

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I made a decision early this summer that this was going to simply be a season I would choose to enjoy, wins and losses aside. I'll certainly be vested in the games as usual, but I'm not going to sit back and microanalyze every play of every game.
Congrats. I had a similar epiphany after the Cam loss a few years back - I even took a couple of years away from posting here. The last few years have been more enjoyable for me than ever before.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Not sure if that's a column. Seems like more of a long thought. A nice thought -- but if I can read it in 30 seconds....it's not a column ;)

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
If I were a head coach, I don't think I'd ever release a depth chart. Everybody who needs to know -- assistant coaches and players -- they already know.

Let everybody who doesn't need to know -- the fans, opposing coaches and media -- figure it out.
I'm think teams are required by the league office to release a depth chart. I believe it falls under the category of required media obligations..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.