Clancy Pendergast’s 5-2 Defense Against Alabama

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the discussion is assuming both plans are executed as they are intended to be with the personnel possessed by both teams.
If that happens, Alabama wins by 20 points. But, especially in first games, execution is generally pretty spotty.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
If that happens, Alabama wins by 20 points. But, especially in first games, execution is generally pretty spotty.
It's a valid point. It's always messy for a bit - though if I remember I thought Bama looked pretty sharp against Wisconsin last year - but we looked reticent against WV the year before.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's a valid point. It's always messy for a bit - though if I remember I thought Bama looked pretty sharp against Wisconsin last year - but we looked reticent against WV the year before.
The WVA was an offensive line debacle and a special teams bad coverage play.

We were a tad rusty early on offensively last year (I was tired after the work day) and usually are. We DID execute quite well offensively against Michigan, but I'd point out that several times their receivers were beating our defenders long and if Dennard Robinson was the slightest bit accurate, we'd have given up a couple of huge plays there. We'd have still won, but I'm just saying that although we look at what was perceived as devastating execution - and was for the first game - there were and always are still some spotty performances/plays that don't reflect Alabama when the temperature drops and the Tide rises.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.