Mel Kiper's Preseason 2017 Big Board has Tim Williams at No. 1.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Tim Williams is a stud.

Kiper, on the other hand, is a dud, and given how horrible he is on NFL draft day, I think he's nothing more than a stooge for the teams and never gets any REAL inside information. I think they know he'll go running on TV with his standard, "Well, several GMs told me..." so they can gauge the reaction from some in the media and prepare how they want to approach it.

Kiper is the nerd who wants to be in the cool club so they pretend like he'll be there if he just does this or that little deed, but they keep (pardon the pun) moving the goalposts on him.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
More often than not I find myself disappointed with the way the draft ends up. Seems like early on we have a lot of momentum only to see it decrease over the months leading up to the draft. Then our concerns about guys slipping are reaffirmed once the draft starts. Last year was a prime example with Robinson, Reed, Ragland, and, to an extent, Henry slipping to the second round.
Bama's put more 1st round picks and overall players into the draft since 2008 than any other school. How is that disappointing? I get what you're saying about Reed Robinson and Ragland last year but we also had Ryan Kelly go in the first round which was kind of unexpected. Henry was a borderline 1st rounder and he went top of the 2nd round..

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.