I will not jinx the team this year by...

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
At least I now know that it was you! Not me wearing the wrong shirt for the Ole Miss game that was the real culprit. :)
Raises hand. I did the same thing for the Ole Miss game as well. Checked the closet this morning and she's ready to go again for another season.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I will not be so stupid to think that the same shirt and hat will win every game. I now have seven shirts and I'll be prepared to change if necessary.

The old Bama/Texas shirt has seen it's last game.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Never watching the game with non-Bama fans. They don't cheer when I cheer.....they halfway pay attention, and talk a lot. That keeps me from fully being able to focus on my job.....willing the team to Victory.

I actually had to tell my daughters boyfriend that he would have to go during the Championship game because he started telling me about his Dad watching LSU games and right then Clemson scored.....he left, and Drake ran KO back.

I have scientific proof that his distraction nearly cost us the game.

I apologized later.
That was the right thing to do. But, clearly he's not son-in-law material. Best to nip that in the bud now. :biggrin2:

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
I will not jinx the team this year by...

...not drinking coffee from my favorite Bama mug every Saturday morning. Wait, I didn't know I was stuperstitious!

bamabelle1991

All-American
Jan 1, 2009
South Alabama
Okra? Yes or no?
Potato Salad? Yes or no?
Heavy Rice? or Easy Rice?
Fresh Sausage? or Smoked Sausage?

I have some expectations about my Gumbo....just trying to see if I'll be stopping by or not ;)
haha! this is a Martha Stewart recipe that I have tweaked over the years. Does not have okra. I put the rice on the side so you can put as much or as little as you want. I use Conecuh Sausage that I boil then brown (recipe calls for the water the sausage is boiled in.) It has the veggie trinity, spices and that's about it. Really delish! That said, I've cooked it the past two years for the Ole Miss game, so that will NOT happen this year!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
That was the right thing to do. But, clearly he's not son-in-law material. Best to nip that in the bud now. :biggrin2:
Actually a good kid.....he's learning.....I'd be happy if he hung around for a few decades. I think he's convert-able.....he's a soccer kid :)

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
haha! this is a Martha Stewart recipe that I have tweaked over the years. Does not have okra. I put the rice on the side so you can put as much or as little as you want. I use Conecuh Sausage that I boil then brown (recipe calls for the water the sausage is boiled in.) It has the veggie trinity, spices and that's about it. Really delish! That said, I've cooked it the past two years for the Ole Miss game, so that will NOT happen this year!
Martha Stewart? Hmmmmm.....

https://thepearlonion.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/prejeans-famous-gumbo/

Prejean's in Carencro, LA -- one of the best Gumbo's you will ever eat....

And, if you have never eaten Gumbo with a scoop of potato salad right in the middle, oh -- you have no idea.... YUM!

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
When my kids were younger we always had an extra ticket that allowed them to invite a friend to come to the game. If we won, we'd tell them they could go to another game, if we lost we'd tell them they were banned from attending further games. Come to think of it, I still pretty much enforce that rule even among my friends that I invite to games. :eek2:

Also, I have 2 games day uniforms: warm weather and cold weather. Once I switch to the cold weather gear, there is no switching back until the next season. Lastly, a good number of the folks in my section at BDS have been sitting together since '88. The regulars must sit in their usual seats - several times we've made folks move during the course of a game when things were not going well. But we're not superstitious, either.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
The only thing I adhere to is not predicting the score in the prediction thread.

I used to NEVER wear actual Bama gear for a non-championship game (just a Crimson shirt), but I gave that up in 2013 (I wear whatever is available that isn't opposition colors) and we've continued success.

And a certain wreath must hang on our door during football season.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

oldtimetider

1st Team
Nov 16, 2008
by flying from N.Carolina to New Mexico to watch the game with my aging uncle (LSU regular season, 2011)
We flew the Bama flag in the front yard at half staff after that game....not sure the locals in Roswell knew what to make of it :)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I traded work hours and will now be able to see the Ole Miss game. We should be okay now, ha ha....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.