Game Thread: Vanderbilt Vs The REAL USC

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
Glad the Gamecocks won! Still gonna be a long season for them, but at least they didn't drop their first game, and to Vandy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
Agree, I grew up with it being USC and SC...
South Carolina must feel like everyone's little brother:

• They call themselves USC, but the better known version is our September 3 opponent
  • They call themselves SC, but by those initials they're less well known than both our September 3 opponent and SportsCenter
  • They call themselves Carolina, but on hearing that name most will think of the sky blue version to their north
  • They're their state's flagship university, but in major sports I think it's safe to say they play second fiddle to a land grant university 87 years their junior

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
South Carolina must feel like everyone's little brother:

• They call themselves USC, but the better known version is our September 3 opponent
  • They call themselves SC, but by those initials they're less well known than both our September 3 opponent and SportsCenter
  • They call themselves Carolina, but on hearing that name most will think of the sky blue version to their north
  • They're their state's flagship university, but in major sports I think it's safe to say they play second fiddle to a land grant university 87 years their junior
And the only reason they are in the SEC is that Arkansas needed a dance partner to get us to 12. I don't think they were even our first choice for that spot.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I predicted that Muschamp was a bad fit. They can be expected to recruit at best 4th in the east. I would have gone with what gave them success, an offensive minded coach. Heck, I would have taken Rich Rod, he was interested. But time will tell.
I didn't get it either. He got canned at Florida and his defense at the barn didn't win any awards.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Vandy's pretty much travelled back in time to the Bobby Johnson era now. Trying to line up pro set and run people over when you have zero talent... the kind of strategy that gets you booted.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I didn't get it either. He got canned at Florida and his defense at the barn didn't win any awards.

Seriously, I think it's way too early to judge Muschamp. It would be very difficult for any HC to succeed at SC and a DC under Ol Gus is a bad place to find yourself. Florida had been down so long that Boom couldn't bring them up with the talent level he recruited on offense and the coaches he picked for asst.'s

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.