Game Thread: Oklahoma vs Houston

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Missed the beginning, I walked out to a flat tire this morning. Got in and am enoying this one for sar.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Oh I'm not surprised at all. I will say it's sort of perplexing how no one in the Big 12 has figured out that defense wins championships. If any team in that league had a defense worth anything they'd dominate for years.
Maybe, but Nebraska couldn't win 1 championship with pelini, and they were probably the best defense outside the SEC in some of those years. But you can probably blame that on pelini not understanding the offense and Nebraska not being full of great recruits.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Maybe, but Nebraska couldn't win 1 championship with pelini, and they were probably the best defense outside the SEC in some of those years. But you can probably blame that on pelini not understanding the offense and Nebraska not being full of great recruits.
Nebraska's recruit problem is one reason, but you hit the other one - having an offense to compete with other offenses while still having a solid defense.

Name a team that has both without having great talent?

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
True but the problem was that then they were ONLY defense. They had no offense whatsoever then.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I believe Houston is good enough to beat OU, but only if OU makes mistakes or continues to play lazy on defense as they have so far. Talent to talent, OU has the decisive advantage.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.