Game Thread: OFFICIAL BAMA vs. USC Post-Game Thread...

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Well I am glad to see the D line is as good as advertised. The secondary needs some work. The offense is total work in progress. I agree with CNS, We made a decision about who would play as QB tonite and that was a decision about this game. We did not establish a running game. We cant win on lucky passes as the first TD pass was. As much as the talking heads want you to believe we have a new starting QB CNS just put that fire out. USC is at best a Mississippi State level team, just like LSU and UcheT were over hyped and ranked. For you people that think the QB won this game and should be the starter next week. The MVP of this game was the Defense won this game, PERIOD. The offense was just the icing on the cake. Why do you think CNS left a true freshman in at QB. He knew his defense wasnt going to loose this game. Go back and watch the game again. What wins championships its defense. Bama will find a running game and I dont think we will have to resort to HUNH quarterback to win a game with a fluke play.. Thank god for CPB and CNS. Roll Tide.......
With all due respect, we didn't win with a HUNH quarterback throwing a lucky pass. Once we got going, we beat them bloody in all phases, including more than 200 yards on the ground. And while the defense was every bit as good as you say, Hurts played because the best coach in America believes he earned it. Then he came in and clearly helped change the course of the game. Why so dismissive?

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Jackson (#2 for USC) is a good guy. He was trying to help up our player when he got the cheap shot. Then he held him back when he tried to go after the thug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I am glad to see the D line is as good as advertised. The secondary needs some work. The offense is total work in progress. I agree with CNS, We made a decision about who would play as QB tonite and that was a decision about this game. We did not establish a running game. We cant win on lucky passes as the first TD pass was. As much as the talking heads want you to believe we have a new starting QB CNS just put that fire out. USC is at best a Mississippi State level team, just like LSU and UcheT were over hyped and ranked. For you people that think the QB won this game and should be the starter next week. The MVP of this game was the Defense won this game, PERIOD. The offense was just the icing on the cake. Why do you think CNS left a true freshman in at QB. He knew his defense wasnt going to loose this game. Go back and watch the game again. What wins championships its defense. Bama will find a running game and I dont think we will have to resort to HUNH quarterback to win a game with a fluke play.. Thank god for CPB and CNS. Roll Tide.......
I'm not sure we were watching the same game. I didn't see a lucky pass all night. USC is a good football team and that was made evident in the first qtr but after the nut kick it was over for them. Jalen earned what time he played last night. Nothing fluky about that or his touchdown passes. Everyone played well after we settled down. You can't score 52 by being fluky.

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
One player who is going to make some coin by coming back for his senior season is OJ "the statement" Howard. Major props to his blocking. He's clearly worked hard on improving that area of his game and it showed.

Lastly the stomp player should get another game by either the program or PAC-12. That could've been really really bad.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Since Coach Saban explicitly said it I can disclose this. I have a friend who had a field pass (big Bama fan) and actually text me before the game "Barnett looks petrified....not a good sign." Well, it didn't take long to figure out what he saw was actually right. Now granted, the offensive line didn't do him ANY favors. But going by Coach Saban's concept of "win the team". It is VERY VERY VERY hard to argue that Jalen Hurts is who the players want behind center. The moment he came in the demeanor of the other 10 guys seemed to change. Herby even pointed it out in the broadcast. Yes, when Barnett came back in he looked good. But at that stage of the game it's like Buster Douglas knocking out Mike Tyson then calling the guy off the front row to come in and "fight Mike Tyson". In other words the situation was completely different when Barnett re-entered the game and comparing the two QB's performance is an apples to oranges comparison.

Jalen Hurts is simply a very special and rare breed of talent. Saban will handle this the right way, I'm confident in that. But good night alive Hurts looks very, very special. Roll Tide!!!!

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I thought we looked very special on defense and got progressively better on offense as the game went on. It was a typical first game with jitters and mistakes.
We have a long way to go, but, from what I saw over the weekend, so do about 100 or so other teams.
We're a work in progress and it will be fun to watch the youngsters get better and better.
RTR!
sip

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
We have a long way to go, but, from what I saw over the weekend, so do about 100 or so other teams.
We're a work in progress and it will be fun to watch the youngsters get better and better.
RTR!
sip
Have to agree 100%. Honestly, we did look the best of any team the entire weekend. By FAR. And, we still have tons of things to work on.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Have to agree 100%. Honestly, we did look the best of any team the entire weekend. By FAR. And, we still have tons of things to work on.
come Tuesday we may be a unanimous #1. unless people were really impressed with tOSU's big win over Bowling Green or Michigan's big win over mighty Hawaii.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I was just curious what it was all about. I'm not very hip. How did he become the go to guy for the meme?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.