Bama to add ex-USC head coach as offensive assistant

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
It's amusing watching this board go from "We don't want Lane Kiffin here, he's a loser" in early 2014 to "we wish he wouldn't leave us" in 2016.

Priceless.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I would hate to play Coach in a chess match. He is thinking so far ahead, it would be impossible to beat him! Great hire both professionally and personally to try and help a friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Great move. Sark brings another outstanding offensive mind to Bama. I think coach knows he's
trying to rehab and continue working in the game he loves. He will be an asset whether LK leaves or not.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
For those who question CNS's heart, think again. To give SS a second chance is not only good for us, it is a move that most coaches would not have made. SS will get to do what he loves and continue working his program...I hope he takes advantage of this and does well. CNS has sure helped LK!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
It's amusing watching this board go from "We don't want Lane Kiffin here, he's a loser" in early 2014 to "we wish he wouldn't leave us" in 2016.

Priceless.
It's weird. Similarly, the nation has gone from "Haha. Nick Saban hired him? Laughable." to "He's one of the best OCs in the nation."

Priceless all around.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012

Priceless.
I'll say now the same thing I said then, the same thing when it comes to any "controversial" hiring like this....in Saban we trust.

There's a reason we want Saban as the head coach, and if he thinks it'll benefit the team, who are we to doubt him.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
I'll say now the same thing I said then, the same thing when it comes to any "controversial" hiring like this....in Saban we trust.

There's a reason we want Saban as the head coach, and if he thinks it'll benefit the team, who are we to doubt him.
You are a very wise man.

Even if he were to make a mistake, Bama fans should say: "thank you that you've made so few 😊; and that you've given us the greatest run in college football history; and that you came here and stayed, even though if you had done what you have here anywhere else, you would be exalted like a king rather than scrutinized like an ex-con - and you knew it; and...." 😊.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Joel Klatt (yes, I know many don't like him because of his anti-Bama remarks in the past) has a theory on the Sark hire. Remember, Sark was going to work for Fox prior to the hiring, so Klatt might actually know something here...

Video

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Joel Klatt (yes, I know many don't like him because of his anti-Bama remarks in the past) has a theory on the Sark hire. Remember, Sark was going to work for Fox prior to the hiring, so Klatt might actually know something here...

Video
Interesting theory. Cracked up with the clip ending witch Cowherd scratching his back with the most fawning tone imaginable. Either way he's a solid offensive mind who's not only off the market but on our side. Score and, to all the competition, na-na-na-na-boo-boo.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
It's weird. Similarly, the nation has gone from "Haha. Nick Saban hired him? Laughable." to "He's one of the best OCs in the nation."
I can't say this for people in general, but in defense of people on this board there were some that stuck by the opinion that while risky, Kiffin was a good hire. Some people just love overreacting to everything that happens.

Video
I saw a tweet somewhere that basically said part of what Saban does is keep talent away from other schools. I think this is one thing that some people underestimate about Nick Saban. They see the results, they see the players on the field, but sometimes they forget he wants to dominate in every way possible. This isn't just about winning today, this is about winning tomorrow, and next year, and that's why he sustains success. He wants the facilities to be right, he wants the atmosphere to be right, he wants every little detail attended to, and yeah, he wants his off-field coaches and his bench to be better than everyone else to.

I have more doubts about Sark than I have about Kiffin simply because in the end Kiffin's antics were less harmful. I am not on the bandwagon at this point that says make him the OC next year, but... isn't this a great situation to be in? He's got a good recruiter and offensive mind, operating in such a way that if he has any issues they won't really impact the team, so it is only a positive. And... Saban can monitor him like no other prospective employer could. The choice he might make around a year from now to hire Sark as an on-field coach would be a far more educated one than making that choice now.

Last edited:

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Originally Posted by RTR91 - Joel Klatt (yes, I know many don't like him because of his anti-Bama remarks in the past) has a theory on the Sark hire. Remember, Sark was going to work for Fox prior to the hiring, so Klatt might actually know something here...

Interesting theory. Cracked up with the clip ending witch Cowherd scratching his back with the most fawning tone imaginable. Either way he's a solid offensive mind who's not only off the market but on our side. Score and, to all the competition, na-na-na-na-boo-boo.
Please. Have these two guys not already proven they have absolutely NO CLUE what is going on at Alabama? This is as absurd as Michigan State being the best team in the nation and it's OVER for The U of A.

He said it hit him like a ton of bricks, as in it came to me in a dream and just falls into place, so I know this is what's happening. You are right I don't like these two when it come to their theories about Alabama and Coach Saban.

Last edited:

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I have more doubts about Sark than I have about Kiffin simply because in the end Kiffin's antics were less harmful. I am not on the bandwagon at this point that says make him the OC next year, but... isn't this a great situation to be in?
If (that's a big IF) the problems were being caused by the things he stated (an ongoing divorce, stress of running a HUGE program) I think he will be able to get a handle on it with the stability at Bama. Now I don't pretend to know anything about overcoming this particular hurdle so I could sound really ignorant. In either case, beating that problem is infinitely more important than our future at OC so I hope for his and his family's sake that he embraces any solutions sent his way.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
For those who question CNS's heart, think again. To give SS a second chance is not only good for us, it is a move that most coaches would not have made. SS will get to do what he loves and continue working his program...I hope he takes advantage of this and does well. CNS has sure helped LK!
I haven't questioned a thing Saban had done since he said "I DO" to us years ago.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I have more doubts about Sark than I have about Kiffin simply because in the end Kiffin's antics were less harmful. I am not on the bandwagon at this point that says make him the OC next year, but... isn't this a great situation to be in? He's got a good recruiter and offensive mind, operating in such a way that if he has any issues they won't really impact the team, so it is only a positive. And... Saban can monitor him like no other prospective employer could. The choice he might make around a year from now to hire Sark as an on-fiend coach would be a far more educated one than making that choice now.
That really depends on your perception. Kiffin had done somethings at Tennessee that still really don't set well for ADs. Sark and Bobby Petrino had more personal problems that a good season at a directional school could fix, and show people that you have recovered. Kiffin really needed someone like CNS to say, "He is better than when he got here". I'm extremely happy about both hires, and hope that they pay off even more in the future.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.