News Article: LA Times live game update was brutal

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Scroll through, it's pretty entertaining.
Some of the best lines:

Lane Kiffin won't show mercy

There needs to be a running clock or a mercy rule

We (USC) are years from being in the national conversation

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp...rcy-rule-in-college-1472958639-htmlstory.html

And here's a second article, which I believe will read better to an Alabama fan than any homer article you'll ever see

http://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-alabama-plaschke-20160903-snap-story.html

A quote

"Finally, perhaps most painfully, they were willfully embarrassed by their former coach. Lane Kiffin, the deposed Trojans boss who runs the Alabama offense, poured it on, and on, and on. Everyone saw this coming, but it was even uglier than expected, Kiffin’s revenge even more painful than imagined."

Last edited:

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
The main article was written by Bill Plaschke. Talented guy. As a guy that was in the daily paper business for awhile, it's always fun to play teams from the big cities so you can get columns/articles from some of the bigger-name writers and get their take.

The two paragraphs in there about Samuel L. Jackson's tweets were great. "The Trojans were beaten to a pulp, and it wasn't fiction."

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
The main article was written by Bill Plaschke. Talented guy. As a guy that was in the daily paper business for awhile, it's always fun to play teams from the big cities so you can get columns/articles from some of the bigger-name writers and get their take.

The two paragraphs in there about Samuel L. Jackson's tweets were great. "The Trojans were beaten to a pulp, and it wasn't fiction."
Here's a game recap from Bill Plaschke & Lindsey Thiry from the LATimes..They were still "Shell Shocked" to be nice..LOL

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Jalen Hurts, a freshman, was in at quarterback for Alabama and he fumbled the ball on his first play. Linebacker Cameron Smith recovered and the Trojans took over on Alabama's 48-yard line. Lane Kiffin seems to have gotten a little too cute on his play calling.
But the Trojans burned another timeout -- their third and final of the first half -- after apparent confusion.
Maybe we should 'splain to that writer how the first few series are scripted. Except the part about fumbling the hand-off.

No............wait.................maybe it was scripted, as well, to suck U$C into a false sense of security.

And to get them to burn their last TO, of the half.

Whatever it was, it was the end of the beginning, and the beginning of the end, for that other team.

Hope the coach over at Ol' $i$ had nightmares, last night.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Here's a game recap from Bill Plaschke & Lindsey Thiry from the LATimes..They were still "Shell Shocked" to be nice..LOL

How does that happen?

Typical reaction when teams play Alabama ... our team must not really be that good. I promise you, unless we have somehow processed them back to the stone age -- USC will win more games this season than last. They just need more discipline. I hate how teams try to come in all hyped (UGA, Michigan St, USC come to mind) ... just come in, play with discipline, keep your mouth shut and let your playing do the talking. And oh yeah... a hot, hot QB playing the best game of his life may help you too.

Seriously though, Bama played lights out after the middle of the 2nd quarter and USC folded. I don't think any team in the country can beat us when it's our night.

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Announcers saw the same game I saw. We struggled in the first quarter, but we also saw the best that USC had to offer.
2nd quarter I heard the door slam on USC when JH got confident. Hurts suddenly played like the player he will be. At that point our Defense tightened and our Offense came to life. NO CONTEST.

CLK got the last laugh. To make it sweeter, USC is still paying CLK's salary. ;)
Lane had to really be pumped, but he kept himself in check. Good Job Lane.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.