Damien Harris--Development From Last Year

deltatider

1st Team
Nov 29, 2005
Damien looked like a completely different player than last year. I was surprised to see him be that much more effective than Bo.

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Absolutely. He was the biggest surprise for me last night. I half expected Bo to look like the second coming of Henry.
Instead, Harris looked like the second coming of Ingram.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I'm pretty tired so I could be a little fuzzy on the details but from what I recall he looked really good at A-Day with a similar contrast to Bo then as well.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
I'm pretty tired so I could be a little fuzzy on the details but from what I recall he looked really good at A-Day with a similar contrast to Bo then as well.
Since A day I told the wife that I thought Harris would be our best RB. I believe his left-right is so quicker than Bo. He also seemed more at ease with decision making and opportunistic changes.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Absolutely. He was the biggest surprise for me last night. I half expected Bo to look like the second coming of Henry.
Like Ingram; with more top end speed.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I know there are a ton of Bo fans on here, but Harris picked right back up where he left on A-Day. He's our #1 back.

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
An obvious change is that he isn't running behind backups in garbage time. When we get up and we put in backups, we barely throw. So teams sell out against the running game. With that said, he looked like one of the most improved players. Ingram is a good comparison because he hits the seam, but doesn't have top end speed. He's also going to be another great RB for us!!

I know there are a ton of Bo fans on here, but Harris picked right back up where he left on A-Day. He's our #1 back.
Count me in with being one of them, but Harris stole the show last night. Bo still will get his. Having both those backs fresh in games along with the other two young ones is going to be exciting. We have great depth at running back!!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Nolan

Hall of Fame
Jul 4, 2006
Oahu
I love that we rotated 4 RBs in the game. Harris looks great and I think Bo will be fine. He'll be load to deal with late in games. BJ and Jacobs look game ready, too. I'm digging the RB by committee approach. Keeps legs fresh.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
He was making quick cuts and getting up field in a hurry - the hallmark of Alabama's rushing scheme under Coach Saban and Coach Burns. Bo seemed more hesitant but did make some nice runs up the gut later in the game.

Our two freshmen looked great as well.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Harris looked really good but after last year w/Henry I'm not used to our RBs getting caught from behind. Adoree Jackson is a track athlete (IIRC) so no shame in that. If Bo can be more assertive we'll have a really good 1-2 punch with Harris and Bo..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'll take an Ingram-type RB any day :)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
I love that we rotated 4 RBs in the game. Harris looks great and I think Bo will be fine. He'll be load to deal with late in games. BJ and Jacobs look game ready, too. I'm digging the RB by committee approach. Keeps legs fresh.
We have quite an abundance of riches. For those too young to remember Coach Bryant's years at Alabama - this is what they were like.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I agree with all the positive points about Harris on here. I'll add one more observation. I think his balance after contact has improved IMMENSELY. Strength is also a part of this. Last year - even with stacked boxes and no lanes late in games he was going down after first contact or getting tripped up by shoelace tackles and being spun around by arm tackles. He had good vision and commitment but with no clear lanes and no ability to break arm tackles and shoe-lace tackles I worried about his ceiling. Clearly he has a higher ceiling than I gave him credit for.

He shed arm tackles and kept his center of gravity and burst and high-stepped and juked around shoe-lace tackles. More than anything I'm proud of the young man for showing tenacity and resilience in the program.....and yet AGAIN, Coach Burns shows his value and expertise in coaching up young RB's into game-changers.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.