SEC NASCAR Series

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Not me. Lets leave the asphalt to the motor heads.
BDS would be better if we expanded again, but it's a great stadium. I'm happy in Tuscaloosa.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
If you're in the 400s at Jerry World, you spend the whole game watching the screen anyway. How much worse could the view at Bristol or Talladega be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I sit in the Lazy Boy Section -- and watch the Samsung....I don't miss anything. I do have to listen to Chris Fowler however.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
The 'best' seat at Bristol is going to be AWFUL - Neyland fits in the infield.

The only reason to do this is because it's something different - it would suck to actually have to watch your team play there...

I was intrigued by this when I first heard about it, and I'll definitely be watching just to see what it looks like and to hopefully watch the Vols lose to Virginia Tech. But when I see this picture, it's obvious it will be a horrible experience for fans there.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...tech-bristol-motorspeedway-virginia-tech-game

"Bristol plans to haul in 8,500 tons of rock in 400 truckloads to build the base of the field.
So that folks can actually see part of the game, Bristol will bring in new seating to get fans closer to the field. While the speedway holds about 160,000 for races, the football configuration will work out to about 150,000 fans, says Jerry Caldwell, the speedway’s manager."

Been to Bristol several times. Bruton Smith knows how to put on a good show. If anybody can make watching a football game at Bristol enjoyable, he can. He's been wanting to Host this for many years now.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
If you're in the 400s at Jerry World, you spend the whole game watching the screen anyway. How much worse could the view at Bristol or Talladega be?

There is a huge difference between actually seeing the game and seeing ants. Jerry world is also a lot closer to the action than NASCAR tracks. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but some nascar fan told me that talladega tore down some of the stands. If that is true then playing at dega isn't an option

spray004

Scout Team
Apr 20, 2007
There is a huge difference between actually seeing the game and seeing ants. Jerry world is also a lot closer to the action than NASCAR tracks. And someone can correct me if I'm wrong about this, but some nascar fan told me that talladega tore down some of the stands. If that is true then playing at dega isn't an option
Dega tore down the back stretch stands 2-3 years ago I believe. I also think they've torn down some of the turn 1 & 4 stands, but don't hold me to that. They couldn't sell out so in the interests of making the stands look full, they take out seats.

You couldn't watch a game at Dega unless they put it in the tri-oval and built stands on the other three sides. Sounds like an interesting novelty but completely unrealistic. Even the Bristol game will be a nightmare to see in the upper stands.

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Talladega isn't a good setup for a football game like Bristol is. Everybody would be on one side and it would be hard to see.

RollTideinGA

All-SEC
Jun 25, 2002
GA
Horrible idea. This would only work at short tracks (Bristol, Richmond) because they are around a .50 mile ovals. On the larger tracks like Atlanta, Talladega, Daytona the tracks go from 1.5 to 2.66 miles. The distance from the grandstands to the infield would be horrible to view a game. Race tracks are built to view the track and cars on the track not the infield and football stadiums are built tighter around the venue to give optimum view of the players on the field.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Pics "sight" lines for this game are making rounds on Twitter. There is no good seat.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
VT and UT. It's going to look like a big rotten pumpkin fell and squashed all over the area. Lordy.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
I would never want Alabama to do something like this. It's just a gimmick to set an attendance "record" (you know, kind of like taking a 90,000 seat stadium and redefining what a "seat" is to squeeze in 102,000). As some people are figuring out, you won't be able to see worth a flip. Besides, the whole place is still going to look like a "garbage truck worker convention". In case you need a reminder....

willie52

All-American
Jan 25, 2008
Arab, AL
The whole idea is absurd. I hope they lose a ton of money at Bristol just for trying it. You would need a telescope at Talladega, the only field big enough for a football field would be the back stretch where they removed the grandstands so seeing a game would be like watching gnats at 50 ft. It was an old WWII airfield so you have old concrete runway/taxiways to deal with to boot. This whole race track football thing needs to go away.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
The Vols fans are stoked about this game. Some are hoping it turns into an annual event. The stadium will be divided in half like a bowl game (or like the Legion Field Barn/Bama games). I love going to bowl games for this reason. The view is going to suck but everyone knows that ahead of time. It'll be interesting to see if the event is staged a second time and if it is does it sell out the second time. The game could be a big money maker for both schools. Besides, the Vols need a rival they can beat once in a while. Florida and Bama aren't working out so well for them.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.