2016 WKU Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences, Interviews, etc.)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban on the weekly SEC teleconference:

Saban starts off with Western Kentucky: "People get beat by teams like this because of their arrogance."
Saban said Saturday vs. USC was essentially Bo Scarbrough's first game. "We weren't disappointed at all be the way he played."
Saban on WKU WR Taywan Taylor (1,467 yards, 17 TDs in 2015): "He's an outstanding player, a really, really outstanding player."
Saban on replacing the leaders from last year: "I think our guys are learning. I think we have some good leaders on this team."
Saban asked if all three Alabama QBs will play against WKU: "You can anticipate all you want."
Saban asked about Jeff Brohm's system at WKU: "They have one of the best offensive teams in the country. It's beared out by the statistics."
Saban on communication of OL: "I think we had a few communication issues. ... Bigger than the communication, we need better execution."

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Maybe we can hire an unemployed former HC who can be our off the field O Line consultant and work on communication and execution

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Raekwon Davis has been cleared by NCAA according to CNS

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
That's great news. We really need the depth on DL in the coming games with a lot of fastball teams so hope we can get him ready to go and be able to provide some reps.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I hate that stuff like this leaks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Saban trolling again.
Are you referring to me???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Nick Saban does not show one play, or utter a single word, or even inflect his voice in front of the press, without the intent of delivering a message to someone.

Sometimes, it's to the opponent. Sometimes to our team. Sometimes to the fans or the press or recruits. But there's always a message being sent to somebody.

Saban would never admit it, but I think this message was to Hugh Freeze.

Whatever he showed, exponentially more if he showed it twice, was intentional. He wanted the talking heads and ink-stained wretches to report it.

Last edited:

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Methinks thou doth protest too much.

Nick Saban does not show one play, or utter a single word, or even inflect his voice in front of the press, without the intent of delivering a message to someone.

Sometimes, it's to the opponent. Sometimes to our team. Sometimes to the fans or the press or recruits. But there's always a message being sent to somebody.

Saban would never admit it, but I think this message was to Hugh Freeze.

Whatever he showed, exponentially more if he showed it twice, was intentional. He wanted the talking heads and ink-stained wretches to report it.
huh? maybe I should have gone into more depth in my post. I was not protesting/complaining. I was merely suggesting that maybe Coach Saban was allowing the media to see one play for the sole purpose that they would talk about it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.