Pruitt vs. Smart as a DC- is the USC game a measuring stick?

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
Re: Would USC have scored only 6 points if Kirby Smart was still here?

Well, I won't try to make too many comparisons of DC skills from one game, but I will throw a thought out.

CJP and CKS have different personalities, of course. I always liked CKS and still do. There's something intangible in CJP's personality, though, that makes me think he has great potential as a HC. He's smart, he's driven, and he's capable of absorbing knowledge and processing, not regurgitating, said knowledge. He seems to have the right amount of ego. He carries himself with much confidence, confidence that would be considered unwarranted in a man of lesser skill. CKS and CJM were good coordinators and may become great head coaches, but if I had to put my money on one CNS coordinator as having the right personality for high-level success as a HC, it would currently be CJP. I think I'll know for sure by the season's end.

InsaneMustang

1st Team
Jul 30, 2001
Saban has gotten away from calling each play on defense, or, for that matter, on offense. He's stated that he retains the right to veto any particular play but I don't really think does that much any more...
This is true. I have heard this before. I just wonder if it's true. I mean technically Bateman and Barnett were 1st and 2nd last week for the game too... right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
I will wait to see until after the next two games before I form an opinion. Alabama has had some issues with Ole Miss, and Western Kentucky has a great offense. If they look good both those games??? Then we can talk about it.

Probius

Hall of Fame
Mar 19, 2004
Birmingham, Alabama
Re: Would USC have scored only 6 points if Kirby Smart was still here?

Not to throw a wet blanket on our Defense, but USC mailed it in the 2nd half. They were beaten early and part of their guys quit on em.
USC quit because Bama made them quit. Remember Greg McElroy saying "let's make them quit!" against Texas?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.