MARK MY WORD: Sarkisian will replace Kiffin as OC when Lane takes HC job

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: MARK MY WORD: Sarkisian will replace Kiffen as OC when Lane takes HC job

How does one misspell the name of our current OC in his 3rd year, but correctly spell the name of our "next" OC who's not even on campus yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get your point. Sark is on campus and was at practice today.

BamaHoosier

All-American
Jan 17, 2011
Noblesville Indiana

That was my first thought as well. To be fair, it makes sense that Kiffin will be the hot name on the market this upcoming off season. Sark was a solid OC for many years, but has a sorted past. His current role is completely an analytical role, where Saban can keep a close eye on him to make sure he would be fit to be on the staff in a coaching role.

A lot of people, including myself, thought there was no way Kiffin was our next OC when he showed up on our campus as a "special advisor." Who knows what happens, but I wouldn't be shocked.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

I agree it's a possibility but I wouldn't be that dogmatic about it at this point.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Kiffin has been good for us offensively, but I'm not sure if the old CLK doesn't show back up once he has unlimited access with the media

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Kiffin has been good for us offensively, but I'm not sure if the old CLK doesn't show back up once he has unlimited access with the media

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
He's opened up recruiting in California, Hawaii, and out west that we never had. He's not just an OC, he's an influence bringing in the best possible talent. Plus, he's a Saban clone with his arrogance, and NO, that's not a negative statement about either, it's just the truth that they are alot alike.

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Sark can sit in the coaches booth and analyze things as well, not only in practice with film, but during games.....Locksley is on the sideline analyzing things as well......

That is a lot of experience.....that is just 2 of many that can just spend time analyzing offenses, defenses and game planning while Lane and staff can focus on the players and on the field things.

I think its a great hire for both parties involved.

This was planned awhile back but didnt want it out while playing USC the first game, but you can bet that Coach and Kif, had already used Sarks USC knowledge. no stone un-turned

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
He's opened up recruiting in California, Hawaii, and out west that we never had. He's not just an OC, he's an influence bringing in the best possible talent. Plus, he's a Saban clone with his arrogance, and NO, that's not a negative statement about either, it's just the truth that they are alot alike.
CLK has taught Alabama a better way to run an Offense.
CLK has studied how CNS runs a team and the press. I think a lesson has been learned.
I agree that Coach Saban and Coach Kiffin are very similar in personalities. Both tough, a little arrogant (Cause they are that good), brash, demanding, and most importantly both men are good teachers. Every University in America would like someone with the drive and smarts that Coach Saban exhibits. Likely at the end of this year several teams will open their wallets and attempt to lure the 'New Lane Kiffin' to be their next coach. The new Kiffin can be called the 2.0 version. I think Lane has grown up now under the tutelage of Coach Saban.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Just an opinion.

Saban will coach another 6-10 years.

Kiffin could become a legit candidate. Smart nor McAlwain will leave for Bama. They both sit on recruitng goldmines. When Saban leaves, Bama will not recruit close to the same with anyone that we are now familiar with but Kiffin, Dabo or Pruitt. Only Kiffin will be able to consistently recruit nationwide.

Dabo will likely not be hired for coaching reasons. He's not dim-witted by any means, but he's not as bright as Saban, Kiffin or Pruitt.

Yes, Pruitt could become a viable candidate. IMO, he's a great coach, a definite upgrade over Smart. He's a great recruiter and he's driven. He's already made a breathtaking improvement in his public persona in just the last 3 years. When he left for FSU he sounded like a simple, ungrateful, loose canon and rube. At least at the yearly Coordinator press conf he almost sounded polished. He is already adopting a more dignified, HC-like face - he's aware and subtly auditioning. He may not appear polished enough for those hiring, but IMO, he will become a candidate in the minds of many during the next few years. Maybe viable to the ptb.

But what do I know, I once thought Cristabol would become a candidate. In reality the whole Bama football world may be very different by the time Coach Saban retires.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I think our next coach will be whoever is coming along at the right time.

MN-Tide

1st Team
Jan 2, 2007
Minneapolis, MN
It takes a very confident head coach to be comfortable being surrounded by so many former head coaches. Coach Saban is like a chairman of the board, surrounded by high caliber football executives. Whoever becomes our next head coach will probably not feel as comfortable having assistant coaches with that kind of experience on their staff (at least initially). The ability to attract the best assistant coaches, and to manage all of those football egos, is one reason why Coach Saban has been so successful. Coach Sarkisian is just the latest example.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

Most people who follow CFB and Bama closely had the same thought since it was announced during the game Saturday night..
Yep, it was the first and only thing to come to my mind. Why else would they do this? It's like the extended interview Kiffen did when he worked with us over bowl practices that time.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

A lot of Tide fans here and otherwise figured ole Kirby Smart was our coach-in-waiting. We were all wrong there and honestly, Kiff will get an HC offer some day and probably soon. Fact is, we don't have a coach-in-waiting.
But a lot of us didn't think that was going to be the case either. Handing over the keys to the Ferrari to first time drivers hasn't worked well for us in the last 2 decades.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

I know one thing, I would hate to be the guy that follows CNS.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.