SEC West After Week 1

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland
LSU will lose multiple games this season if Brandon Harris remains the QB and does not play any better than he did in Week 1. If he is mentally unstable as reported, he will never have the confidence to be elite. Same gameplan as last season to beat the Tigers.

Mississippi State........... the worst loss in FBS in 5 years. A few of us made comments about MSU and 170 miles being the average distance from home for the MSU roster. Well, I think we saw what that means and how Dak really was a great QB.

Arkansas- I did not see this game, so others can chime in but beating La Tech by one cannot be a good thing. Some people predicted a loss for Bama at Arky.

Texas A&M- while I think UCLA had no business being ranked #16 it was a good win for the Aggies with all of the off-season turmoil. Knight is good enough to give anyone a fit with the talent he has at wide out. However, will they ever be strong enough in the trenches? I did not see enough of this game to answer that question. I imagine Chavis has improved the defense enough to make this game one we will have to play efficient to win.

Auburn has no idea who they are offensively-- and that is the last thing a "system offense" could ever want. Three QBs played and it was very obvious that with White and Johnson in it was a greater than 50% chance of a pass, and with Franklin in, it was greater than 75% chance of a run. The defense is better, but I also think Clemson played terribly on their own right offensively. Still, lack of depth defensively will hurt them in the long run.

Ole Miss (at half) is putting a whooping on Ole Miss. Either FSU is really overrated, or OM is legit. From what I have seen, they have won both LOS and Kelly just has to put the ball within reach of his big WRs and its a TD. The secondary looks suspect with Frazier out, though. Week 3 looks like a top 5 shootout.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
The Auburn fans that are talking...even those who were trying to be supportive of Gus last year...are about ready to jumb off of a cliff. Starting to sound like they did Cheezenips last year. Wonder if we'll see paper sacks being worn by some at the IB???

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
The Auburn fans that are talking...even those who were trying to be supportive of Gus last year...are about ready to jumb off of a cliff. Starting to sound like they did Cheezenips last year. Wonder if we'll see paper sacks being worn by some at the IB???
You're kidding right? These are auburn fans we're talking about. Paper bags? I see 4 to 6 more losses for them this season and still fully expect them to pass out rings and be talking about being "People's Champs".

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Alabama
TAMU
Ole Sis
LSU
Aub.

Talk has already fired up again to fire Les.
Talk is beginning now to fire Gus. (That bus ain't got any wheels) ;)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Bama and aTm are probably the best in the west, ole miss is 3rd has a fighters chance if people let them, LSU is 4th but will beat 1 of the top 3, and everyone else... Who cares?

I'm saying from what I've seen on the field uga is the best in the east, but I know what Tennessee can be so it is still hard for me despite the app state game to put them in the top two of the east. Florida is next and who cares after that.

I think Bama and aTm are the best overall.

skrayper77

All-American
Sep 4, 2003
Ole Miss (at half) is putting a whooping on Ole Miss. Either FSU is really overrated, or OM is legit. From what I have seen, they have won both LOS and Kelly just has to put the ball within reach of his big WRs and its a TD. The secondary looks suspect with Frazier out, though. Week 3 looks like a top 5 shootout.
Probably should have waited a bit longer before posting :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.