This Season's notable quotes collection.

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
I got an idea last night for a thread that might be fun. It is a thread that could be a collection of quotes for this season. Any time you hear or read an interesting quote from a coach, talking head, or even fan, post it here. At the end of the year we will have a snapshot of the year as it progresses and will be fun to go back and read. The one I heard last night during the OM/FSU game came from Herbstreet.

He said "USC crawled out on the field hungry for Bama and ended up crawling back into the tunnel after their beating".

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
"I've coached 38 years and never done anything illegal, immoral or unethical"

potential future aub art briles

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Van Pelton on sports center highlights over LSU/Auburn game.

"LSU ended up losing the game which, CAUSED Auburn to win it"

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
ESPN's Ryan McGee on CNS beating Kent State 48-0...

"was the worst treatment of one's alma mater since a group of Alabama boosters walked into a conference room and said, "We should hire Mike Price." '

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Dak Prescot's answer to Marl Lanes question about hit during the Bengals game.

Mark Lane: "what about Vontage Burfict'*****?"

Dak: "I played in the Sec against Alabama"

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
"Bret Bielema ate my cheeseburger!"

- Bama fans' hungry and traumatized kids on the way back from Fayetteville last weekend...

Last edited:

bamatex82

All-SEC
Oct 5, 2001
Greenville, TX
Jalen Rose on whether Romo is going play instead of Dak Prescott : "Jerry Jones knows once you go Dak, you never go back".
(not college football nor does it involve Alabama in any way so hope I'm not out of line with the intent of this thread)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
This is an old quote that I have never heard before today but read in an article today. It's relevant for this week imo even though it was said during the Wallace Wade and Robert Neyland era. Keep in mind, this was 100 years ago. Just shows how long Bama has been a force in college football.

Coach Neyland of Tenn once said "You never know what a football player is made of until he has played against Alabama".

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Great quote... you may be the only one on this board that hasn't heard it...but still a great quote!!! RTR!!!

Another absolute classic, albeit a total 180 from your quote:

"I hate orange, they looked like they puked in a pumpkin!" LOL!!!

This is an old quote that I have never heard before today but read in an article today. It's relevant for this week imo even though it was said during the Wallace Wade and Robert Neyland era. Keep in mind, this was 100 years ago. Just shows how long Bama has been a force in college football.

Coach Neyland of Tenn once said "You never know what a football player is made of until he has played against Alabama".

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Coach Saban was asked about Fitzpatrick's return out of the endzone during the Arkansas game.

Saban:The first thing I thought was, ‘Oh no.’ And then after he got to about the 10-yard line, I said, ‘He may go all the way.’

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Lou Holtz on Sirius Radio--
"I think it's sad that Kansas and Missouri no longer play each other. That was a really huge rivalry at one time.
I remember former Kansas coach Pepper Rogers telling me that Missouri, under Dan Devine, was once beating them so bad that he looked across the field and gave Devine a peace sign. He said Devine responded with a sign that wasn't two fingers but only one".

12Namath12

Suspended
Sep 24, 2016
Birmingham
Alabama play by play color man Doug Layton looking at Tennessee's gleeful mascot Smokey as the Tide was about to lose:

"If I had a rifle, I would shoot him."

BamaDMD

Hall of Fame
Sep 10, 2007
Rainsville Al
Saw this posted on Roll Bama Roll meltdown page by random arkansas fan.

"It's always next year when you're playing Nick Saban."

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
My favorite was CBS's Verne thanking Archie Griffith's hospitality and thoughts before the Ole Miss game.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'm sure every coach that plays us gives his team the ole "They put on their uniforms just like you do" speech.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.