Link: Alabama Still Beating Teams Two Weeks in a Row

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Click

The first punch cut through the air unobstructed, so JuJu Smith-Schuster reared back and launched another.

USC had been stewing since the start of Tuesday’s practice. Much of the energy was productive. But now it was convulsing into hostility.

A gratuitous celebration after a pass breakup had angered Smith-Schuster, USC’s No. 1 receiver. Words were exchanged. Frustration boiled. Smith-Schuster and safety Ykili Ross began to scuffle, and much of the defense joined.

After taking a few swings, Smith-Schuster and another player locked and hurled themselves at the turf. A third player was tossed nearby.

Smith-Schuster got up, separated himself and then kicked the football toward the simmering scrum. Then he began walking off the field.

He marched to the wall of the practice facility and sat there, slumped. Cornerback Adoree’ Jackson scurried over to settle him down. Coach Clay Helton and offensive coordinator Tee Martin talked to him, and Smith-Schuster eventually rejoined the team, though he did not play for the rest of the session.

Here was USC, the rumblings of a 52-6 loss to Alabama still echoing into the next week.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is what happens when you allow the score to become more important than the game. There is a lot that USC can take away from that game, but they have to allow themselves to see those things.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
They came out talking trash and then backed it up by playing like trash... :cool2:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
Snoop Dog. Well there you have it from the horses mouth. Or some part of the anatomy :wink:

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
Snoop Dog. Well there you have I from the horses mouth. Or some part of the anatomy :wink:
If you see the video you would roll laughing. He was talking trash like the pit bull above and then at the end he looked like a whipped dog admitting that they weren't ready to play the SEC.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
If you see the video you would roll laughing. He was talking trash like the pit bull above and then at the end he looked like a whipped dog admitting that they weren't ready to play the SEC.
I'll have to find it and add it to my collection of Snoop Dog videos. That will bring the total to one. :)

CrimsonPassion

1st Team
Jun 6, 2009
Attalla, AL
Is it me or does Clay Helton seem like he's over his head having that job???

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
It's not just you. Don't get me wrong. Helton seems like a decent guy, but he's not the coach to turn this program around. He reminds me of Derek Dooley at Tennessee: thrown into a tough situation, asked to work a miracle, and ends up realizing that the job is way too big for him.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
It's not just a Snoop Dogg rant. It's the typical southern California perception and attitude towards the south in general. Been to SC numerous times and some will engage in conversation with an open mind but most look at you with a drawn back sneer when they hear the accent. It's just the difference in culture and attitude between the two. I don't understand a lot of what I see and hear when I visit the Santa Monica Pier but I don't look down on them as a result.

To each his own.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.