50 years Ago today the Voyages of Star Trek Began.

RollSaban

Oct 15, 2015
I've been watching TNG on Neftlifx and it's suprisingly deep. I thought it was just sci fi action but it's much more well thought out. Space is just a backdrop for exploring deep human issues.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I've been watching TNG on Neftlifx and it's suprisingly deep. I thought it was just sci fi action but it's much more well thought out. Space is just a backdrop for exploring deep human issues.
Just about to finish it also. Going to watch DS9 next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Star Trek is on every Saturday night at 9pm on a local station that plays vintage TV shows....tonight they aired one called "The Man Trap" that is also one of my favs.......the whole concept plus the special effects when the salt vampire transitions back and forth into Bones' old flame is really cool...

Then I was thinking about this earlier and this one ("Arena") is also one my favs.....

sabanball

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
High Cotton
Caught part of the BBC marathon over the weekend.

"Bread & Circuses" and "Assignment: Earth"

I think the latter was a pilot/test episode for a possible spin off show/series. Kind of like how years later Mork and Mindy "spun off" from Happy Days.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Apparently the Star Trek theme song has lyrics:

Beyond The rim of the star-light
My love
Is wand'ring in star-flight
I know
He'll find in star-clustered reaches
Love,
Strange love a star woman teaches.
I know
His journey ends never
His star trek
Will go on forever.
But tell him
While he wanders his starry sea
Remember, remember me.

Last edited:

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
A couple years ago I decided to marathon all the Star Trek shows and movies. I had never watched it growing up.

They're all on Netflix.

The Original series. Some interesting episodes. I couldn't help but wonder if this show was considered campy back in the sixties when it originally aired. In all honesty, I don't think it holds up very well, and wouldn't recommend it unless you're wanting to watch it as a study of television history.

The Animated series. Thematically very similar to the original, somewhat more focused toward kids.. This was a Saturday morning '70s cartoon in the style of Hanna-Barbara.

The Next Generation. This was the best series overall. My favorite episode was the one where Data was on trial to determine if he was property, or held humanity. (You guys who can just list the episode title are better than me. I can't keep up with all that.)

Deep Space Nine. Okay, but good grief I hated the Ferengi. I like Wallace Shawn as an actor, but every time I saw The Grand Nagus, I groaned. Babylon 5 was a much better show that dealt with similar themes.

Voyager: The Doctor was my favorite character in all of Trekverse. This show is often reviled by most fans, but I thought it was 2nd to TNG.

Enterprise: If people thought the Original Series was sexy, this one certainly topped it. This one goes back in time to Earth's early forays in warp speed technology. Some good stuff here, but not essential viewing unless you really enjoyed the others.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.