Billyreuben

Suspended
Sep 4, 2016
Hi:
At the suggestion of the moderators, let me introduce myself. I have followed Tide Fans pretty much since its beginning; just never registered. I'll try to explain why.
  • Although I have followed Alabama football since Harry Gilmer days, went to school at the Capstone, and actually had a relative on the 1892 team, I don't think of myself as an authoritative voice in the interpretation of the nuances of today's college football world.
  • As such, I would rather listen to the experts on the board than to make some statement that might unleash the anger that I often see when posters disagree. It seems that it becomes a bit worse each year. I guess that's where our society is right now.
  • Having said that, I love reading (most) of the comments here, and dearly love the University, and so I thought I would register. I probably won't post too often,, as I would prefer to remain on friendly terms with all of you.
I do appreciate your support of the University and really enjoy the board.
​ROLL TIDE!!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Glad you signed up. I understand the point you make about avoiding unpleasantness by not posting...I do the same thing a lot of the time. But all kinds post here, don't let a few argumentative members scare you off.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Hi:
At the suggestion of the moderators, let me introduce myself. I have followed Tide Fans pretty much since its beginning; just never registered. I'll try to explain why.
  • Although I have followed Alabama football since Harry Gilmer days, went to school at the Capstone, and actually had a relative on the 1892 team, I don't think of myself as an authoritative voice in the interpretation of the nuances of today's college football world.
  • As such, I would rather listen to the experts on the board than to make some statement that might unleash the anger that I often see when posters disagree. It seems that it becomes a bit worse each year. I guess that's where our society is right now.
  • Having said that, I love reading (most) of the comments here, and dearly love the University, and so I thought I would register. I probably won't post too often,, as I would prefer to remain on friendly terms with all of you.
​ROLL TIDE!!
Welcome! You have piqued my curiosity - who was your relative on the 92 team? That is football royalty!

Last edited:

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Welcome!!! Some people here are very knowledgeable and some just like to hear themselves type. Join the game threads, that's the most fun of all. The mods are great keep it pretty sensible here.

RTR Billyreuben!

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
Hi:
​ROLL TIDE!!
The idea that you signed up but don't plan on posting just makes me mad for some reason. But then if you started posting more, I feel certain you would post something I could get angry about.

:wink: :)

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Come on in the waters fine ! No pain, no gain and watching someone else melt down( or laugh) over your screw up is entertaining. Heck you may even learn some things, or educate some of us that know it all :)

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina
Welcome Billy - I am in awe of most of the posters here and their knowledge but that doesn't stop me from posting a little gibberish or opinion every now and then! :)

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
Welcome Billyreuben and a big Roll Tide to you! All posts are welcome. If we get too out if line, the mods control us pretty well so join the fun!

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Hi:
​ROLL TIDE!!
Welcome to TIDEFANS. Like you I waited several years before I joined. (My mistake)
We have some members who are really knowledgeable about Alabama Football. As an old timer you have seen our highs and lows... that's something many of the younger/newer members haven't experienced. Feel free to add your 2 cents worth to our posts.

Billyreuben

Suspended
Sep 4, 2016
Back row, #6, Robert E. Lee Cope. From the great metropolis, Union Springs, AL.
And...thanks, everybody for your kind welcomes. This really is the best sports board around.

Welcome! You have piqued my curiosity - who was your relative on the 92 team? That is football royalty!

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I would say "welcome" Billy, but sounds like you've been here a lot longer than I have, so I'll just say "Good to finally meet you and thanks for your outstanding initial post!" I'm the resident Florida Gator here and have been treated very well, despite my 'shortcomings' :) so I would have no doubt you will be fully taken care of by the TF family.

That said....I totally respect anyone's preference on whether to post or not - but I do hope you will speak up and post whenever the mood strikes.

All the best!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.