Western Kentucky coach was once offered OC job at Alabama

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Applewhite was a bit too wet around the ears when he got his break at Alabama. He's grown into a good OC though...and he's been around a lot of good head coaches too.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Applewhite was a bit too wet around the ears when he got his break at Alabama. He's grown into a good OC though...and he's been around a lot of good head coaches too.
It also wasn't the best spot to be an OC. We were still recovering from probation and had a new head coach. Yes, it was a very good coach, but a new coach. One who wasn't hired until late in the recruiting cycle. One who had been away from the college game for two years. One who had yet to implement his system.

I think if Kiffin left after this year and you used a time machine to bring Applewhite in from 2007, he'd have more success.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
WKU's Coach Brohm has done a solid job. He is a Petrino disciple. I could see him at UK if they have a coaching change, or possibly even Louisville if Petrino moves on.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Applewhite, like Shula was too Green for the job. Now both men have matured and became good position coaches.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.