Question: If you were a member of playoff selection committee, would you ignore OSU lose to CM?

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Actually, it wasn't. This is part of the problem. The officials determine the game's end and nobody else does. I know what you mean here, but it is incorrect to say 'the game was over before the incorrect call.' I

I basically agree with the rest of it. I don't think officials should be fired for debatable pass interference determinations as much as I hate it. But this is the actual RULES they're supposed to know. If the ref doesn't know the RULES, why are they even there?
This is the critical question. If the officials determine when the game is over, OSU lost. If the rules determine when the game is over, OSU won. I don't know what the rule book says.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
This is the critical question. If the officials determine when the game is over, OSU lost. If the rules determine when the game is over, OSU won. I don't know what the rule book says.
The officials made the correct call in my opinion regardless of what the rule book says.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

LOL - but if it is the rule book which determines that it is the officials who determine when a game ends, doesn't the rule book really determine when the game ends (when the officials say it does)? :conf3:

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
LOL - but if it is the rule book which determines that it is the officials who determine when a game ends, doesn't the rule book really determine when the game ends (when the officials say it does)? :conf3:
I'm so confused!

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And now we can pursue which came first - the chicken.....or the egg??????

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.