The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good: Hurts continues to impress, our defense is amazingly fast, and special teams is light years ahead of where team was at same point last year.

The Bad: the interior OL looks tenacious and confused, the running backs almost look as though they run into defenders arms, we just need to plain ole work on the whole running game.

The Ugly: penalties, mental mistakes, and the ...-chewing Kiffin got at end of game (though I must admit I love the coaching Saban does at end of game for both coaches and players)!

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
Good: Defense showed up to dominate

Bad: The offensive performance. I think we looked uninspired

Ugly: Penalties and whatever CNS said in the locker room after the game.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

The Good- Hurts, finally settling on a QB, that defense, Ridley showing, WRs, pass protection

The Bad- OL run blocking, running game, penalties, play call at the end that resulted in a touchdown, that chewing everyone, especially Kiffin, got

The Ugly- As always, Barn

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- the defense and kicking game, big plays by the offense
Bad- offensive inconsistency, young QBs staring down receivers/timing with receivers, not many running lanes
Ugly- a few blown calls that changed games- Troy v Clemson, Okie St. V cmu

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
GOOD: We won and nobody got hurt. Defense played a solid game for the most part.

BAD: Inconsistent line play, dropped pas:ses and Hurts' growing pains. Eddie trying to pick up the fumble instead of falling on it. That cost us three points.

UGLY: Saban screaming at Kiffin and his post game rant. I hope that isn't a sign of deeper issues. The announcing team for the TV broadcast.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
The Good: Hurts continues to impress, our defense is amazingly fast, and special teams is light years ahead of where team was at same point last year.

The Bad: the interior OL looks tenacious and confused, the running backs almost look as though they run into defenders arms, we just need to plain ole work on the whole running game.

The Ugly: penalties, mental mistakes, and the ...-chewing Kiffin got at end of game (though I must admit I love the coaching Saban does at end of game for both coaches and players)!
Our o-line frequently looks confused, but I'm not convinced it qualifies for tenacious. Maybe tenaciously confused? :wink:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
GOOD: We won and nobody got hurt. Defense played a solid game for the most part.

BAD: Inconsistent line play, dropped pas:ses and Hurts' growing pains. Eddie trying to pick up the fumble instead of falling on it. That cost us three points.

UGLY: Saban screaming at Kiffin and his post game rant. I hope that isn't a sign of deeper issues. The announcing team for the TV broadcast.
i think he's just telling everyone to get their heads out of the clouds and focus on the task at hand

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
i think he's just telling everyone to get their heads out of the clouds and focus on the task at hand
Coach Saban is always in that mental of mode of where we were for example when we ran third and dumb in the Iron Bowl. Would if we had made that call? The odds of an error are high shotgunning to the RB. We had issue's just getting it to the QB. He deserved it imo.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
Ugly Beth mowins calling our game hope we don't have to suffer thru that again this year
I understand that yours is a popular opinion. And I have to admit that she's far from my favorite announcer. But I decided to try to give her a fair shake this time around and pay attention to her play calls. Overall I found her to be well-researched, mistake-free, and respectful of Alabama's football tradition.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.