Is Coach seeing things the average fan is not? He has been livid.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Ole Finebaum is getting on to coach about the Kiffin flare, with 'Well he can get away with it because of who is he is". Imo, that is putting the cart before the horse, that is part of Coach's DNA. You cannot separate them. Remember how many times Coach Saban chewed out Coach Williams? Goodness, it was far worse. Special teams looks good these days!

tidegrandpa

All-American
Ole Finebaum is getting on to coach about the Kiffin flare, with 'Well he can get away with it because of who is he is". Imo, that is putting the cart before the horse, that is part of Coach's DNA. You cannot separate them. Remember how many times Coach Saban chewed out Coach Williams? Goodness, it was far worse. Special teams looks good these days!
Finebaum should put the shut to the up about Saban, Coach just doing his job.

ccc2259

All-American
Oct 29, 2010
Lower Alabama
Answer to OP's original question.......Yes. He definitely sees more than the average fan does. But even more, the "above average" fan that is capable of analyzing X's and O's does not see the team in practice, nor do they see the effort displayed by each player throughout the week. We can critique or compliment plays during a game, but we simply don't have the vision that CNS has relative to the team's overall effort and execution. If he's livid, you can bet there's a reason for it. Nothing I'm saying is insightful....just speaking the obvious.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Answer to OP's original question.......Yes. He definitely sees more than the average fan does. But even more, the "above average" fan that is capable of analyzing X's and O's does not see the team in practice, nor do they see the effort displayed by each player throughout the week. We can critique or compliment plays during a game, but we simply don't have the vision that CNS has relative to the team's overall effort and execution. If he's livid, you can bet there's a reason for it. Nothing I'm saying is insightful....just speaking the obvious.
Partially tongue in cheek and being Ole Miss week. I chose the thread title as a theme to get into a discussion of problems, that was my motive. If coach says it, then so begin the discussion. A good kick off for discussion of what is good and bad in your eyes. The content reinforces that.

Last edited:

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
I'm not sure, but I'm an average fan, and I see plenty of things that worry me.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
2013 was rocking along right up until the last second - sorry couldn't resist [emoji52]

Seriously though - 2010 was our first year after "arriving" and I think both the coaches and the players had a difficult time with it. Although Clemson didn't win it all last year I think they are experiencing a bit of the same this year. I think Saban's reaction to both the players and staff is an indication that he knows he has to jump on any of that early and to quote Barney Fife "nip it in the bud".

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Can't know whether true or not but a talking head on SEC or ESPN said it was to be a direct snap to motion man. I don't know how he knew it either. FWIW.
Didn't look like it to me, but I haven't re-watched. I thought it was yet another instance of the fake sweep action Kiffin's fallen in love with, but it could've been simple motion. If the former, it was a terrible call -- not because that kind of action is too flashy; but because we don't do that well and because it doesn't really have a beneficial role to play with what we do otherwise.

tidegrandpa

All-American
Didn't look like it to me, but I haven't re-watched. I thought it was yet another instance of the fake sweep action Kiffin's fallen in love with, but it could've been simple motion. If the former, it was a terrible call -- not because that kind of action is too flashy; but because we don't do that well and because it doesn't really have a beneficial role to play with what we do otherwise.
Agreed, wrong time and place, too much ball movement for ball security.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The 2013 was perfectly fine through the LSU game. I think that team kinda thought the SECCG was penciled in and didn't play a solid half of football for the rest of the season. The 2013 Alabama team that played against LSU that night wouldn't have just beaten anybody in the nation...they would've beaten them badly. Looked terrible against MSU. Let an inferior but hot Auburn team hang around in a game we should've neatly swept away by the midway point of the 4th quarter. The wheels just came apart on that team. I think they got a bit cocky...figured after that destruction of LSU that it was basically a coronation leading up to a title bout against FSU.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.