Latest Bama News 9/12/2016 Thru 9/18/2016

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
Here's why Nick Saban's concerns about Alabama's retooled offense are legitimate - CBSSports.com/rbr
"People are missing the point that, for the first time in the decade of Nick Saban's time in Tuscaloosa, they're having to replace the center, the tailback and the quarterback all in conjunction with each other," said Savage, a former NFL general manager. "That's a challenge when you subscribe to the philosophy of being strong down the middle."
rbr opGrowing pains are definitely evident with the offense this year. We saw this coming, in many respects, with the quarterback battle. I said this on SB Nation radio, and I think it's apt: It wasn't a matter of whether Blake Barnett or Jalen Hurts won the start, although that is important. But, given the players Alabama has recruited, and the offensive staff, the QB competition was always about the battle for the future direction of the Alabama offense. And, with a ton of new starters up the middle, that transition has been ragged at times.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Putting a Point Value on Special Teams - Football Study Hall/rbr
I also looked at the special teams value added within each game with 3 questions in mind. 1. How often does the team that wins the special teams battle win the game? 2. What games' final scores were within enough points that you could say "Special Teams won this game"? 3. Is special teams acumen a repeatable skill week to week for each team? Question 1: Teams that win the special teams battle since the start of 2015 season have won 62% of the time.
rbr opFSH is doing a year-long study to try and quantify the impact of special teams. While Alabama has not been dominant this season in special teams, nor has it done anything to lose games. Sure Griffith missed a long kick, and returners are still up in the air, but JK Scott looks to be back to his freshman form.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Inside College Football: Why Saban added Sarkisian to Alabama's massive staff - CBSSports.com/rbr
Think what having Saban on your resume means. Kiesau has now rebounded to become Fresno State's offensive coordinator after spending just one year in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. Describing the initial interview process, he said, "Saban called and flew me out there. I showed them my presentation. Saban's biggest concern was he didn't want to change the system. He just wanted to eliminate the huddle. ...
"I think the biggest fear in his mind was, 'I don't want to turn into Oregon. That's not us. We're still going to run the ball and have two backs in the backfield.'" Strange, for Saban who once compared hurry-up offenses to chain smoking.
rbr opThis is a great piece by CBS Sports on the analyst system Saban has created, what they do, and particularly how it pertains to the hiring of Coach Sark. Well worth some time over morning coffee.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
The five college football programs with the most NFL players | FOX Sports/rbr
Alabama Crimson Tide: 42 active NFL players Notable alums: Amari Cooper, WR, Oakland Raiders; Ha-Ha Clinton-Six, S, Green Bay Packers; Julio Jones, WR, Atlanta Falcons; Eddie Lacy, RB, Green Bay Packers; C.J. Mosely, LB, Baltimore Ravens Nick Saban has been a breathtaking recruiter since arriving at Alabama and it shows with 42 active players on NFL rosters. The question? How many more are currently at Alabama, with guys like Cam Robinson, Calvin Ridley and Eddie Jackson projected as high-end pro prospects?
rbr opEight years ago, Alabama had no players selected in the 2008 NFL draft. As of Fall 2016, Alabama is just two players behind LSU's 44 for the most players in the league. #BuiltByBama

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.