How does the "chewing" from Saban to Lane Kiffin affect Kiffin's mindset this week?

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009
Re: How does the "chewing" from Saban to Lane Kiffin affect Kiffin's mindset this wee

And if that play is executed properly, even with little or no gain, no "chewing".
I have no problem with the call, only the fumble. CNS has always complained about play calling when, in fact, regardless of the play called, if it's executed properly there's no need.
Now, he does bear responsibility for the poor execution somewhat...but not the call IMO.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Re: How does the "chewing" from Saban to Lane Kiffin affect Kiffin's mindset this wee

You have to love the losers in the media making a big deal out of this. Yes, I meant to use the word "losers." Nick Saban has proven, beyond any sort of inkling of a doubt, that his process and methods work. It churns out championships, assistant coaches getting hired for head coaching jobs at major programs, players winning all sorts of post season awards, record amounts of players getting drafted to the NFL, and young teenagers turning into young men.

This was nothing new at all from Coach Saban. But, the losers in the media have to have something to criticize, I guess. All the while, he will continue winning, and they will continue losing.
I guess there is no chewing outs in the media. I know when I have messed up or someone underneath me has messed up at my job someone gets chewed out. Finebaum and some of the media's argument has been but not in front of 100,000 people but having spectators at my job is not part of my job. Again, I have no idea how this is an issue at all.

The internet/social media has ruined the media and to be honest it is starting to do it to society.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN

I heard the same thing, and drew similar conclusions:

1) Everything Coach Saban does is calculated, and with purpose. Even when he appears "out of control" (as portrayed by some media), he isn't.

2) Per McElroy's comments, I'd say it's a safe assumption that the tirade was as much (or more) for the benefit of all the new assistants on staff. As Greg said, the standard of performance (in coaching, play calling, execution) is measured on a play-by-play basis, without regard for time left on the clock, the number of points on the scoreboard, or the level of the opponent on the other sideline.
I could totally see this being orchestrated by both Saban and Kiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.

I could totally see this being orchestrated by both Saban and Kiff

If Coach Kiffin didn't appear to be upset by CNS remarks, why should the media make a big deal out of it unless they have their own agenda's, like maybe trying to steer recruits away. The two most vocal are Paul Fine bum (Tennessee) and the writer no one has ever heard of from Florida.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama

People outside of "The Process" will never understand the true meaning of what those butt chewing are for..

There are multiple meaning usually in what Coach Saban does in front of his Player's & in front of the Bama Nation in general or I think so anyways..

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

If Coach Kiffin didn't appear to be upset by CNS remarks, why should the media make a big deal out of it unless they have their own agenda's, like maybe trying to steer recruits away. The two most vocal are Paul Fine bum (Tennessee) and the writer no one has ever heard of from Florida.
Finebaum has no loyalty to UT. His loyalty is to his ratings.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.