Minkah: Time to Get Our Respect Back

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
And I would think Minkah's comments are what our leadership council is preaching to all the players (Cochran also). Would not doubt if Aretha was being played throughout the locker room.
Now you've done it...I'll go around all this afternoon with R-E-S-P-E-C-T bouncing around my internal speakers!!:D

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
Kelly summarily undressed our secondary last season and more specifically the three freshman making their first start in an SEC game. There were more problems than just the defensive secondary but for sure that was a key factor in losing the game. If the game had happened 3 weeks later those freshman would have forced a different outcome but that's not how the dominoes fell.

Now it's a year later and these freshman are seasoned veterans now. They aren't perfect but they are light years beyond where they were. Certainly the memory of getting taken to the cleaners has remained with them and I hope they get a little retribution Saturday. I know Kelly is going to get his yards but if they can keep him between the 20's and not give them the easy 6 it will go a long way.
Sorry. Saw someone else address this. But here's my take anyway...

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment either. Kelly actually didn't hurt us that much at all. They had 341 yards of passing, which was all but about a hundred yards of their offense. The helmet bounce TD was 66 yards and the pop-pass TD was 73 yards. I guess you can blame poor secondary play for those, but I personally don't. That leaves 202 yards of passing yardage he legitimately earned. He was 18-33 for the night, including those two ridiculous plays that never should have been. We actually did a pretty good job containing Kelly, but couldn't overcome our stupid turnovers and didn't get into an offensive rhythm until it was too late.

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
Sorry. Saw someone else address this. But here's my take anyway...

I'm not sure I agree with that assessment either. Kelly actually didn't hurt us that much at all. They had 341 yards of passing, which was all but about a hundred yards of their offense. The helmet bounce TD was 66 yards and the pop-pass TD was 73 yards. I guess you can blame poor secondary play for those, but I personally don't. That leaves 202 yards of passing yardage he legitimately earned. He was 18-33 for the night, including those two ridiculous plays that never should have been. We actually did a pretty good job containing Kelly, but couldn't overcome our stupid turnovers and didn't get into an offensive rhythm until it was too late.
That's sports. A fortuitous bounce down the sideline, a lucky careen off a helmet, an illegal play not called, a player getting hurt, all theses are just things you can't control and must overcome with execution during "routine" plays (not fumbling a kickoff, not dropping a sure TD when you are inside the 5, etc).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
it boils down to this bama team, concentrating, and doing their assignments. the coaches have done all they can, and it is up to the team to step up and play bama football. eliminate the mistakes, penalties and then we have a game we can appreciate.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.