Link: What You Need to Know About Alabama Quarterback Jalen Hurts

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Earlier in the week, Saban talked about the media hype and expectations heaped on young players (Scarbrough in particular) lead to anxiety and the player to put undue pressure on themselves. And when I read things like this, I wonder if the same will happen with Jalen.

But then you watch him on the field - how he plays, how he carries himself, how composed he is - and I can't help but think that this dude is special and will exceed all the hype that has started to build around him. I still expect that he'll make some freshman mistakes, but he's going to be a great QB.

DC Tide

1st Team
Sep 13, 2007
He reminds Mack Brown of another player he once coached: good ol' Number 10. Good ol' Vince Young. He was just a special player on a special, special team.

[Please note: Mack Brown says this on each and every one of his broadcasts anytime a QB rushes for a touchdown. I'm just sorta guessing he'd say this about Jalen Hurts as well...]

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
He reminds Mack Brown of another player he once coached: good ol' Number 10. Good ol' Vince Young. He was just a special player on a special, special team.

[Please note: Mack Brown says this on each and every one of his broadcasts anytime a QB rushes for a touchdown. I'm just sorta guessing he'd say this about Jalen Hurts as well...]
Vince had the kind of game against USC In 2006 that Colt would have had against us in 2010 if only he hadn't got hurt...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
And this pretty much shows he's won the team over:

Howard even called him a leader.

“It’s very rare,” Howard said. “I think anybody can be a leader, but seeing it from a young guy like him is very encouraging.”

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I wonder if Tua is reconsidering now that the QB job is locked up for 3-4 years

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Probably not. Think about it, Tua arrives and Jalen is a Sophomore. If Jalen improves enough, he's only on campus three years. That means Tua is either a Junior or RS Sophomore when he gets his chance to start.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
“You never saw him throw his helmet or do anything stupid like that out of frustration,” Martin said. “He's a class act and a hard worker.”
His maturity is very evident in his first two games.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.