Game Thread: Official PostGame Thread Bama vs. Ole Miss...

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
I think this game was good for the team for several reasons; 1) we beat an opponent that I think had gotten into the players' and coaches' heads, 2) a lot of young players got some good experience on the road in pressure situations, 3) like Coach Saban always talks about, the team had to really overcome some adversity to get the win. It obviously wasn't the prettiest of wins, but similar to the last two Ole Miss games, I think it will go a long way into cultivating the character of this team, only without it being at the expense of a loss.

I think getting Tony Brown back after the Kent St. game will be big for the secondary. As for the receivers, I thought Deiter would be as sure-handed as Mullaney was, but he really makes me nervous.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Look at this nonsense from Oxford...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I remember saying to my family as we were watching that it looked like the ball was starting to come out before his arm was going forward. The momentum of his arm caused the ball to move forward. His hand was an "empty palm" and honestly could've been called a fumble if JA dropped it but fell on it. But I also remember being happy JA caught it because the SEC officials would not have called it an incomplete pass (a la Teebow in the 2009 SECCG). That being said, I think it's cheap for the team itself to initiate the stat change

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I remember saying to my family as we were watching that it looked like the ball was starting to come out before his arm was going forward. The momentum of his arm caused the ball to move forward. His hand was an "empty palm" and honestly could've been called a fumble if JA dropped it but fell on it. But I also remember being happy JA caught it because the SEC officials would not have called it an incomplete pass (a la Teebow in the 2009 SECCG). That being said, I think it's cheap for the team itself to initiate the stat change
they don't hesitate to drop big $ on recruits, but cheap is a perfect description of ole miss ;)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I told my FIL at the point when it was determined that Freeze would kick deep after they narrowed the score to 48-43 with 2:51 left, that we didn't run the clock out we would lose. I think I posted something similar in the game thread. The defense was gassed, having just run that interception back 75 yards just a few minutes earlier (the entire defense ran it as a convoy for Allen). Guys were hurt and inexperienced guys were in there. I don't think there is any way we could have stopped them if we had failed to drain the clock.

I agree with you that for the most part, the D played a solid game but then the circumstances of the game and the odd bounce of the ball happened, and it got away from us. But we did what we had to do to get out of there with the win.
I felt the same way. I bet they would have scored in just two or three plays. We were absolutely zonked.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
that 45-6 run after getting down 24-3 was pretty impressive.
Sshhh. I know you are new here, but here We need something to complain about in a hard fought win... Blue font

Yeah I'm coming around to your opinion earlier in the thread. I thought the win was very impressive with all the injuries that happen, but I guess if we don't blow people out by 3 scores then it's not a satisfying victory

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Anyone else see a little Teague in Eddie's run? The pointing and it appears he wanted to high-step in.

This guy is a natural, that was no fluke imo. We have our punt returner, and he's dangerous.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Sshhh. I know you are new here, but here We need something to complain about in a hard fought win... Blue font

Yeah I'm coming around to your opinion earlier in the thread. I thought the win was very impressive with all the injuries that happen, but I guess if we don't blow people out by 3 scores then it's not a satisfying victory

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Gotta keep the Kelly Heisman campaign going since the national title is out of the picture?
That's pretty much how I took it. They are just trying to help his stats as much as possible for later in the season with awards and all conference teams are selected. One less INT on the stat sheet for someone forgetting how the game ended will probably help.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.