Game Thread: Texas A&M at API

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Like our basketball coach Mark Gottfried. Goes to the tourney with a mid, comes here and fades, goes back to mids and makes tournament while we still don't.
Fair comparison.

Seems like we had a rule change compromise where the defense could sub last before the ref put back live. So you think they may have hurt his strategy? Before he could just run in players and call a fast play. That coupled with teams like Bama going with faster players. For instance Cody would probably not have been signed.
Think it was more about the stage being too big for him. Part of it is probably the hurry up being slowed a bit, though it should still be a lot faster than he's running it now, but what really hurt is his playcalling. It stinks.

I have always believed that dual threat QB's are more hit or miss than drop back. I think it's healthy to sign both. Gus seems too have weighed too far in one direction.
We have a fair mix. JJ didn't pan out.

We actually had a decent crack at Watson and Harris. Lord only knows how that would have turned out though.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Fair comparison.

Think it was more about the stage being too big for him. Part of it is probably the hurry up being slowed a bit, though it should still be a lot faster than he's running it now, but what really hurt is his playcalling. It stinks.

We have a fair mix. JJ didn't pant out.

We actually had a decent crack at Watson and Harris. Lord only knows how that would have turned out though.
It's sad but humorous to us I guess that Auburn had the guy in their hand but pulled an LSU, an emotional to the defense of the wronged nightmare. People that wanted Tubberville gone came over to the other side. I know Lowder and the whole South Trust bankruptcy, which much was not his fault. Some fraud out of Florida. But that Petrino put 63 in FSU. That would be a slam. Auburn has the cash, but does Petrino want back in the SEC? If he does, I would believe he would choose Auburn because he is part of the family. You never know. That is why I am not cocky, things between Bama and Auburn can change on a dime.

Last edited:

AUDub

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2013
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.
Not afraid, but please don't hire Petrino. It's sad but humorous to us I guess that Auburn had the guy in their hand but pulled an LSU, an emotional to the defense of the wronged nightmare. People that wanted Tubberville gone came over to the other side. I know Sexton and the whole South Trust bankruptcy, which much was not his fault. Some fraud out of Florida. But that Petrino put 63 in FSU. That would be a slam. Auburn has the cash, but does Petrino want back in the SEC? If he does, I would believe he would choose Auburn because he is part of the family. You never know. That is why I am not cocky, things between Bama and Auburn can change on a dime.
At this point I just want Gus, Lashlee and Jay Jacobs out the damn door. Fire them all. Gus because he can't call a coherent game. Rhett because all he does is hold Gus's clipboard and get his coffee or something. Jay for being a moron and extending him after last year.

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
Not afraid, but please don't hire Petrino. It's sad but humorous to us I guess that Auburn had the guy in their hand but pulled an LSU, an emotional to the defense of the wronged nightmare. People that wanted Tubberville gone came over to the other side. I know Sexton and the whole South Trust bankruptcy, which much was not his fault. Some fraud out of Florida. But that Petrino put 63 in FSU. That would be a slam. Auburn has the cash, but does Petrino want back in the SEC? If he does, I would believe he would choose Auburn because he is part of the family. You never know. That is why I am not cocky, things between Bama and Auburn can change on a dime.
Come on dude, Saban owns Petrino.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Come on dude, Saban owns Petrino.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I changed it. That was a people pleasing remark, of course I know who the best coach is. Please forget and do not read too much other than I was happy to see FSU get 63 laid on them.

No reason to start a Petrino better than Saban conversation. A bama fan talking to a auburn fan, that is all.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
as long as Dye is running the program auburn will always have issues,
Yes he was part of the problem. Getting on Finebaum and spilling his guts on his opinions. I do think he has faded somewhat the past few years. He would rather be out deer hunting. But that culture does go back. From paying Bowden to shut up and the back and forth back stabbing between the programs. I do think those times are over. Auburn will never be Alabama, who is? But I think they are better off today than during the Tubby last years. They could hire a good coach and be back in the top 3 in the west pretty quick I think.

Why not pull a pine box and get Freeze?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Someone just said out Kiffin's name on AUFamily and didn't catch heat for it.
I am left handed and have flaws but also unbiased with good spatial perspective. It makes sense if AU cannot get a Petrino. Al I know is that he was a fine coach under Carroll, dynasty #1, went to coach an NFL team at 32 years old, and his Vol team played us harder than any other since, and that he walked into a probation situation with a unstable AD at USC. And will have 3 years under CNS. Just speculation
He was given everything too young for a reason, because people recognized potential.

SEC? He was solid at Tennessee other than bending rules. pretty smart ways. Remember Cody blocked that kick flat footed, they had a rope kicker. Then USC.

My only criticism is the way he left Tennessee. The reason for the uproar, very similar to Fran, was in large part due to the fans liking him. But he insluted the fan base of a very proud school and was paid back on the tarmac.

Lane is just 41 years old with all of that. Unless he has some sort of self destruct gene, he should be good to go under the Don James to Saban. Parcells/Bellickeck/Saban tree. Monte Kiffin son. It should serve him well. Maybe not at Auburn but somewhere.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I don't see the barn hiring a head coach directly from here. But they did almost hire Vince Dooley from their other big rival, so who knows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I don't see the barn hiring a head coach directly from here. But they did almost hire Vince Dooley from their other big rival, so who knows.

Ive heard Kevin Steele being an interim head coach if Gus is fired before the season is over. That comes from people that I know that are somewhat in the know at Auburn. But Ive heard that Auburn would most likely throw the moon at Herman and petrino, and would probably look at people like Gundy, Shaw, and Briles after that. But they are kinda indicating that Kiffin and other coordinator and lesser head coaches are in the if Plan A and Plan B fails category. But I have no idea how reliable the Plan B Im hearing is, but the interim coach thing and Plan A seems like a likely scenario.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
Ive heard Kevin Steele being an interim head coach if Gus is fired before the season is over. That comes from people that I know that are somewhat in the know at Auburn. But Ive heard that Auburn would most likely throw the moon at Herman and petrino, and would probably look at people like Gundy, Shaw, and Briles after that. But they are kinda indicating that Kiffin and other coordinator and lesser head coaches are in the if Plan A and Plan B fails category. But I have no idea how reliable the Plan B Im hearing is, but the interim coach thing and Plan A seems like a likely scenario.
I wonder if they will ever pull in the Plan A caliber coach with Dye, Jacobs & the clown posse of boosters they have?

drfrankfree

Scout Team
Aug 1, 2006
I know that they have been fantasy love mates for a while but Petrino is not going to Barnville. He just signed a 30+ million dollar deal with a 10 million dollar buyout. No one doubts Auburn has the money but I doubt they are willing to come up with 10 million PLUS his contract, PLUS Gus's contract, PLUS Chizik's contract, PLUS Bowden's contract PLUS.....well you get the picture. They will get a quality coach but it's not going to be Petrino. Heck, If they could withstand the short term scrutiny (could it get any worse than now?), they would be well served to get Briles on the cheap. That guy can flat out coach. Personally, I'm all for another Gus extension.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wonder if they will ever pull in the Plan A caliber coach with Dye, Jacobs & the clown posse of boosters they have?

After yesterday I think Petrino wont ever consider leaving Louisville ever again. He if making it into a legit power. Herman would be stupid to give up that much power for a school not named Texas, Alabama, ND, tOSU, or Oklahoma.

So no I don't think Plan A is possible for Auburn, but I think their boosters are going to force the Athletic Dept and the BOT to atleast make a serious offer. But again what coach at that caliber would want Dye,Yella Fella, and Mcgregor to have that much control over their image, time, and their gameplan?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.