Damien Harris is special

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
He is very fun to watch. I'm not used to seeing our RBs get chased down from behind after busting into the open though!

But we've got a stable of great backs this year, and Harris looks great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im4datide

All-SEC
Sep 6, 2001
Spring Hill,TN
And I suspected he might be a bust last year. Maybe Henry intimidated him but he is like a different back. Besides the long run, the two first downs sealed the game. He was one of the top 5 players that stood out.
We have a solid RB of NFL caliber.
How do you call someone a bust after a freshman year? He really didn't have many expectations being behind Henry & Drake!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Jacobs looked really good too and Emmons has at times this year.

I think we are in much better shape at RB that it seemed a couple weeks ago.

Guys were picking up blitzes well as the game wore on too.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
When Harris can pick up ever blitzing linebacker he will have arrived. He can tote the rock very well. Our young back will get better.

Bo's fumble can get you beat. He will find a spot on the bench if that's not his top priority in that situation.

Yah I thought he had a few where he looked really good. Called back like you said. Not to parrot coach but of course he was sport on in saying the backs just needed to develop consistency. Was surprised to see Josh Jacobs leapfrog B.J. Emmons.
And Bo. But we have able backs so I'm pleased.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk

Last edited:

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
Very happy how Harris has run so far this year. As someone pointed out, he has been caught from behind at least twice on breakaway runs, so he may not be quite as fast as some of the guys we've had in the past. Not saying he will not be "special"..but not quite ready to say that either. To me special means running at or near the level of the guys who have preceded him, all of whom had the "special" look to me quite early in their careers. Hopefully you guys are right.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Damien should have had 30 carries today. It was ridiculous that he did not touch it more. We were too busy running screens and short passes for no gains to our WR's. I am glad we won but it was frustrating to not see Damien carry the ball more.

Atl Joe

1st Team
Nov 27, 2010
Damien should have had 30 carries today. It was ridiculous that he did not touch it more. We were too busy running screens and short passes for no gains to our WR's. I am glad we won but it was frustrating to not see Damien carry the ball more.
You hit the nail on the head. Very frustrating to watch

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
All the hype was that Bo would be the next great back at Alabama.
Hasn't happened yet. WHY?

Damien Harris has became, at least for now, our most dependable back.

buzzman

3rd Team
Jan 18, 2014
Madison, AL
Very happy how Harris has run so far this year. As someone pointed out, he has been caught from behind at least twice on breakaway runs, so he may not be quite as fast as some of the guys we've had in the past. Not saying he will not be "special"..but not quite ready to say that either. To me special means running at or near the level of the guys who have preceded him, all of whom had the "special" look to me quite early in their careers. Hopefully you guys are right.
I think he was caught from behind in the USC game by an elite corner back

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Here is his updated stats through 3 games:

36 carries for 327 yrds 9.91 Ypc and 1 TD

JMHO but he is CLEARLY the best RB and we should build the running game around him and Jalen. They could be a lethal 1-2 combo on the RPO plays.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.