Damien Harris is special

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
The holding call on Taylor that negated a 10+ yard run by Bo was tricky-tack. But Bo did fumble at the end. That is inexcusable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep. Sorry we can't have anymore TJ Yeldon-like fumbles this year. And i LOOOOOVED TJ, but he cost us a few games and nearly cost us a few more by putting the ball on the ground in crunch time.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
Before last season, I asked one of the offensive reserve players I met at a family BBQ who was the "next" great offensive tool he said without hesitation, Damien Harris. He said he wouldnt get to play much behind Drake and Henry but will be a great player. He said even said everyone is high on Bo but Damien was better and one of the best athletes he had ever been around in his time in T'town and would start before Bo.

Disclaimer: No I'm not claiming to be an insider or to have connections but was blessed to meet a reserve player and his family last summer. He was cool with us asking questions about the team. He talked a lot about Damien and said if he learns the scheme he would be special. Seems, right now, he is right.

davefrat

Hall of Fame
Jun 4, 2002
Hopewell, VA
to paraphrase Gary Danielson, he's one of the best two-step jump cutters in the game...whatever that means (gary even admitted he just makes stuff up some times).

but seriously, he looks very, very good.

good vision, good shiftiness, good speed, good power.

he's a really solid back who could become a great one.

and bo would have had a much better day on paper but for some penalties...but good grief man, hold onto the ball!

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Harris is becoming an outstanding back. Jacobs may end up being even better. We may have a two headed monster soon.
I also thought Jacobs looked solid. I hated that his longest run got called back. I thought Harris ran hard last year, but he was just staying in bounds and running into the line as he was instructed at the end of games. There were several times where it looked like he would lose yards, but gave extra effort to at least gain a few without doing something stupid like running backwards trying to make a huge play when we were just trying to kill the clock.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I also thought Jacobs looked solid. .......
Bio.
Reminds me of Ingram a 3 or 4 star recruited. Jacobs came on late
An explosive athlete at running back who arrived on the scene late in the recruiting process … a four-star prospect, the No. 2 player in Oklahoma and the No. 6 all-purpose running back nationally … ranked as the No. 10 all-purpose running back in the 247Composite and the No. 2 player in the state of Oklahoma … Rivals.com rated him ninth in the state … ESPN listed him as the No. 4 player in Oklahoma and the No. 36 running back nationally … averaged an astounding 15.1 yards per carry and 245.8 yards per game as a senior with 2,704 rushing yards on 179 carries with 31 rushing touchdowns … first team All-State in 4A by the Oklahoma Coaches Association and OKPreps.com … a second-team choice by The Oklahoman … played in only six games as a junior in 2014 due to injury, rushing for 948 yards and 13 scores in just over four games … finished his career at McLain with 5,372 yards rushing and 56 touchdowns … played for head coach Jarvis Payne at Tulsa McLain … chose Alabama over Oklahoma and Missouri.

via
http://www.rolltide.com

Zaiva

1st Team
Feb 27, 2013
He reminds me of Eddie Lacy. To me, their run styles are almost the exact same.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC
Scarbrough has looked pretty good as well, penalties have clipped some of his runs. Jacobs, harris, emmons.... we are good in the future

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

TommyMac

Hall of Fame
Apr 24, 2001
Mobile, Alabama
Harris has exceptional balance, which really impressed me in his HS videos. He has all the other tools as well, but his balance seemed almost unfair against those Kentucky HS kids. It's not nearly as apparent in the SEC, but he's really blessed as far as balance goes. Fortunately for us he's also gifted with great strength, speed and moves as well.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Harris has exceptional balance, which really impressed me in his HS videos. He has all the other tools as well, but his balance seemed almost unfair against those Kentucky HS kids. It's not nearly as apparent in the SEC, but he's really blessed as far as balance goes. Fortunately for us he's also gifted with great strength, speed and moves as well.
Yes, get through the first line of defense with power. Obviously a year under CC has served him well. His ability to shake off an arm at the line is night and day.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
You could sure see power, speed, and balance in that long run!

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.