And who said we didn't have a run game?

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
It was slow going in the first half, but I believe Alabama won because they could run the ball.

334 yards rushing! My hat is off to the entire O-line and Harris/Scarbrough/Jacobs. Just an incredible job and it took EVERY SINGLE yard. Oh btw, please don't ever fumble again Bo.:eek2:

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Hurts got over a 100 yards on his own. Harris is quickly developing into a good back. Bo needs to learn ball safety as he could have easily lost us the game with that last fumble. Hopefully, we will have the backfield of Harris and Harris next season to pound the rock.

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Too many were getting all over Lane's play calling but I assumed he was playing to the package set that Jalen gives us......and we ended up in the 40's with a ton of yardage and clock time. I speculate that if we had Henry in the backfield that the Jalen/Barnett battle would have been closer. Having a mobile quarterback came at the perfect time. For instance we are all happy for Harris, but we had no idea for the first time in 7 years that we did not have 2 NFL caliber RB's that were proven coming into the season.

All of those runs and sweeps wore Ole Miss down by the first few minutes of the 3rd. They got some luck with that drive that seemed to take about 30 minutes (real time), with reviews, injuries, commercials, a timeout. They had more rest on that one drive than the entire first half.

The game plan to wear them down worked. The game plan to not put the longball in the hands of TF worked. We jabbed and rope a dopped them and wore them down. They could not stop Harris on the 2 most crucial drives of the game knowing he was going to get the ball.

I believe coach Saban will have less negative to say on this game than the first two combined. It was pressure packed, record audience, a TF at QB, and against a team that we just do not match up well against for some reason. Great game.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
We definitely have a rushing game....it is just very different than from years past, with Hurts being a major rusher.
Offense still needs improvement....we only scored 3 offensive tds. Of course, this is among the best defenses we will face this season.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
We definitely have a rushing game....it is just very different than from years past, with Hurts being a major rusher.
Offense still needs improvement....we only scored 3 offensive tds. Of course, this is among the best defenses we will face this season.
I agree. When I saw FSU (that embarrassed Ole Miss) get absolutely destroyed by Louisville I thought hmmm, maybe Ole Miss isn't good after all. I was wrong. Of course there is also the SEC factor, the everyone gets up for Alabama factor and don't forget the gift of a TD by the refs factor.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I agree. When I saw FSU (that embarrassed Ole Miss) get absolutely destroyed by Louisville I thought hmmm, maybe Ole Miss isn't good after all. I was wrong. Of course there is also the SEC factor, the everyone gets up for Alabama factor and don't forget the gift of a TD by the refs factor.
I think Louisville is just very good.

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
Too many were getting all over Lane's play calling but I assumed he was playing to the package set that Jalen gives us......and we ended up in the 40's with a ton of yardage and clock time. I speculate that if we had Henry in the backfield that the Jalen/Barnett battle would have been closer. Having a mobile quarterback came at the perfect time. For instance we are all happy for Harris, but we had no idea for the first time in 7 years that we did not have 2 NFL caliber RB's that were proven coming into the season.
We scored 48 but 21 of that belonged to the defense and special teams. We should have run Damien more. He only got 16 carries and should have had 30.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
We scored 48 but 21 of that belonged to the defense and special teams. We should have run Damien more. He only got 16 carries and should have had 30.
I think the coaches learned that this game. Before now he seemed on the cusp. Now he needs the touches in my extremely amatuer bordering on inane opinion. O-line seemed more natural and that will only improve.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I expect to see a lot more running after today. Today's line was getting it done. And I'm not a particular fan of Shank, but that second half holding call was a load of all-natural fertilizer.

WylieTexasTider

All-American
Sep 24, 2006
We missed Shank whether fans want to believe it or not. He's a road grater.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That and RP is just better at LG. LC is going to be a stud, just not right now... Good news is we have 2 games to allow Cam-Piersbacher-Bozeman-Shank-Williams to gel before the Arky-UT-aTm gauntlet leading up to our bye week.

dWarriors88

All-American
Jan 4, 2009
Tulsa, OK
I did. I said we didn't have a run game. And I'm still calling our run game questionable. I want to see Bo break off some runs like that!

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I did. I said we didn't have a run game. And I'm still calling our run game questionable. I want to see Bo break off some runs like that!
I think we have a run game and the O line to open holes for the running game. I question and will continue to question the play calling by Kiffin. We ran the ball on the series we scored the first field goal. Then he went back to the passing game. We finally went back to the running game in the 2nd half after special teams and defense kept us in the game. Defense and running games win championships. I think CNS will make the necessary adjustments to implement the running game as the season progresses.

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
Imagine if Bo struggles a few more games (not talking about just the fumble) obviously not that I want that but I think Harris and Jacobs are slowly creeping their way ahead of him for good. I can just imagine Saban going off on the media and saying how much pressure was put on him and for them to shut the hell up about players who hasn't identified himself yet. I'm sure that's gotta be some to blame for his struggles this year

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.