Officiating across college football

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
Remember it is the white line not the yellow line. In this picture you can't see the ball. When I was watching it it appear the the ball hit the backside of the OSU blocker (#88) which made it extremely close and stopped it from going over the line. It was definitely close. Need to see about 4-5 frames in a row so you can see where he is carrying the ball.

BayouBama75

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2001
Knoxville, TN
One last point on this call. This isn't the goal line so it isn't a first down just because he reaches the line. It is where his forward progress is stopped by a defender . It appears he ran into a teammate and fail back. If that is the case the it would be marked where he ended up. Just another perspective.

https://s14.postimg.org/e4p87oiwx/Screenshot_20161127_210644.png

Like you said perspective..

Last edited:

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Look at the angle of the hash marks in that picture. Think about the perspective from which that picture was taken. It's not a direct overhead shot, as it is purported to be. I don't think that picture is definitive. I'm not saying that he did or didn't make it, but that picture doesn't prove anything.
Reminds me of the camera angles used in the "Batman" TV series with Adam West.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.