Eddie Jackson on Punt Returns

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
I love to toot my own horn but I've been calling for Eddie to return punts since the pick six at A$M last year. I think he possesses a great blend of speed, quickness, elusiveness and savvy to make an absolute great punt returner. He just has a knack for finding creases and it's a beauty to watch him maneuver through a crowd. He will be a great asset moving forward. What say you!?

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Agreed, Eddie is dynamite with the ball in his hands. I certainly hope he is ok because I did not see the injury play just him coming back from the locker room. What happened?

MemphisBamaDude

1st Team
Nov 12, 2008
Memphis, TN
Agreed, Eddie is dynamite with the ball in his hands. I certainly hope he is ok because I did not see the injury play just him coming back from the locker room. What happened?
Not sure but post game, Nick said Ardarius was the only player that would be missing any time, and that was for a mild knee sprain. With KSU and UK coming up, I think the guys have time to get right.

rtrbama1

1st Team
May 31, 2015
He's got incredible vision and instincts. Really knows how to pick his way through the traffic. He knows when to accelerate and when to be patient and wait for his blocks to develop. Scott Hunter said the other day he looks like David Palmer in the open field. I definitely don't always agree with Scott, but I think he was right on.

Last edited:

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
The Palmer comparison is certainly not one that I would make. In my opinion he is not of the same style as Palmer… Maybe more of a Christion Jones type. He's not as quick or magician-like as Palmer was... more of a long strider with good, smart cuts and good acceleration. He's also good at using the blocks that other players make for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
He has amazing field vision and I was surprised when I saw him back there but then I thought about it and it makes perfect sense.

Seriously can anyone remember an interception from Eddie that wasn't returned for a TD? It seems like every time he touches it, he scores. I hope it continues to pay off.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Post game CNS said that they used Eddie for the same reasons stated here -- vision and cutting ability. He is not as fast as CR, but sees the blocks set up. Yesterday, as he received the punt he returned for a touchdown, I could hear someone from the Bama sideline (on TV) saying "All right...its set up for you..." -- something to that effect. You could see creases in the OM coverage.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This is also going to make him some money at the next level as it really increases his draft value.

TIDEnGA

All-American
Sep 25, 2007
Opelika, AL
Many of you know I am a flight attendant that flies the team anywhere they go (away games, bowls, White House). All of the crew wears Alabama jerseys. I wore #4 several years ago because of TJ and kept wearing it just because. I bought another jersey last year and was going to start wearing it for the Texas A&M game but forgot it. After Eddie returned the pick at A&M I thought nah I'm gonna keep on wearing #4. Anyway, I'm still wearing it this year and I always remind Eddie he's my favorite. LOL

So I asked him for one thing on Friday as he left the airplane. I asked for a touchdown. He said sure he'd take care of that for me. Never did I think it would come the way it did, but I sure appreciate it. So who knew? All I had to do was ASK. :wink:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.