Poll: The toughest opponent remaining on our schedule?

Toughest remaining opponent on our schedule?

• Arkansas

Votes: 17 23.0%
  • Tennessee

Votes: 9 12.2%
  • Texas A&M

Votes: 21 28.4%
  • LSU

Votes: 27 36.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Now that we got one big obstacle (Ole Miss) out of the way and also had a chance to see our future opponents play a few games it might be fun to see who you all think may be our toughest remaining test.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
I have to believe it will be LSU. At their house. At night. Esp given the fact that they would appear to have found a QB. And notwithstanding how well we've tended to play there recently...

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I think A&M will be the biggest challenge. We get them after a two road games in a row, while they have a bye. I thought LSU before the year but they're still a one man offense even with the Purdue guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CraigMack

1st Team
Jul 13, 2000
Chelsea, AL
Regardless of how clueless they look sometimes, it still has to be LSU due to the amount of talent on hand. It's down there and it is always the game of the year for them. If not the toughest then most dangerous in my book.

I don't see Tennessee as being all that good, I don't believe in TA&M and Sumlin, Arkansas will be a slobberknocker but Bama does what they do on both sides of the ball...just better.

Just my useless opinion

Last edited:

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA
I think any of them could cause problems if we aren't on our game for them. I wouldn't overlook TN. They almost got us last year. LSU will be physical and Les has to have it, So that one gets my vote today.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
On paper - LSU. They have more talent than the other teams, and you get them when and where they are most dangerous. That said, if they drop a few games along the way they might have given up by the time you come calling.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
I have to believe it will be LSU. At their house. At night. Esp given the fact that they would appear to have found a QB. And notwithstanding how well we've tended to play there recently...
ummm, they look good for one half, and suck the next half...lsWHO doesnt scare me at all...we would have to really self destruct to lose to them. auburn worries me more than they do. i think aTm will be our toughest opponent

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Texas ATM - because they're the third straight in a three-week stretch that sees us go TO Arky and TO Tennessee.

At least we have an off week prior to LSU. ATM is the roughest of the rough because we're gonna get some hard SEC hits three weeks in a row.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Texas ATM - because they're the third straight in a three-week stretch that sees us go TO Arky and TO Tennessee.

At least we have an off week prior to LSU. ATM is the roughest of the rough because we're gonna get some hard SEC hits three weeks in a row.
Team wise I'd say LSU, but the way the schedule falls you are right that aTm will probably be the toughest.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I think Tennessee may be, but at this point who knows, they still have to play Florida and TA&M. Could be a total different team if they break that streak against the Gators

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I don't have a clue. In 2010 who saw South Carolina or in 2012 the Aggies ? Not me.
Actually, I saw both, and note what they had in common: in 2010, we came off of an emotional win over Florida where we were clicking on all cylinders. In 2012, we came off an emotional win over LSU on the road and got off to a 'hangover start.'

That's why I think the ATM game is the toughest. Of course, any of them other than Kent or UTC could, in fact, beat us, but it's the adding up that concerns me. I think LSU is probably the most talented bunch we will play and have a tough defense on the road - but really the bigger concern for me about LSU is the NEXT week because that game seems to take a lot out of both teams every year.

I'd be more worried if MSU was the Dawgs of 2014.

uaintn

All-American
Aug 2, 2000
franklin, tennessee, usa
I'll go with A&M, though they are one bum ankle away from being mediocre, so it's hard to say what it will be like by then. A bit of that is because it is the 8th game in a row and after two on the road. Next, I'd say LSU, just because it is down there.

Nobody on the schedule scares me. As others have said, the team with the best chance to beat Alabama is Alabama. If the run game continues to develop, that becomes a less likely scenario.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.