Four Interesting Stats from Around the SEC

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Alabama

Alabama has scored a non-offensive TD in five straight games. Those opponents? Michigan State, Clemson, USC, Western Kentucky and Ole Miss.

On Saturday at Ole Miss, the Tide had three, including a punt return TD, a fumble return TD and a 75-yard pick six by a defensive lineman. Alabama’s 15 non-offensive touchdowns since last season are the most in the country. They had 10 last year and already have five this year.

South Carolina

South Carolina had its first halftime lead since 2014, beating East Carolina Carolina 20-15.

In that 15-game span, South Carolina has had three different head coaches and five different starting quarterbacks.

Georgia

Kirby Smart and Mel Tucker's Georgia defense had 5 takeaways at Missouri and the offense turned that into 0 points.

Off turnovers, they missed field goals of 23 and 38 yards, punted twice and ended the game with the final one. They needed a 20-yard Jacob Eason TD pass on 4th-and-10 with 1:29 to play and a final Mizzou fumble to win the game.

Georgia ran 93 plays and had just 4.3 yards per play. After struggling to run the ball against Nicholls, Nick Chubb had just 3.3 yards per rush.

Auburn

After the home loss to Texas A&M, Gus Malzahn and Auburn are 3-12 in their last 15 games against Power 5 opponents.

That includes 2-10 in SEC games in that span. The Tigers allowed A&M to rush for 231 yards and 6.2 per carry, including an 89-yard TD run in the fourth quarter.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I can add another that may be of interest - especially to those here who appreciate a stout defense.

Florida set a record last night holding their opponent to the fewest yards on offense (53) in the history of the program.

Of course, the opponent was only North Texas...but still...I think it's a great testament to our defense!

Last edited:

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
I think I'm right in saying yesterday marked the 3rd time in our last 21 games that we won despite allowing 40 plus points.

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
Auburn has lost their last 6 straight home games against SEC opponents.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Saturday was our biggest "come -from -behind/ largest deficit to overcome"win since 1989 against....Ole Miss, in Jackson, MS.

Last edited:

ALA2262

All-American
Aug 4, 2007
Cumming, GA
Yes it was. I remember listening to it live. I think ole miss was on probation at the time so the game was not televised.
I was there! How sweet it was! Down 0-21 very quickly. Led 48-21 at the half! Won 62-27.

Don't know why the game wasn't televised, but it wasn't because of probation. Their games with UF and UGA that year were on TBS, and they played Air Force in the Liberty Bowl.

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/ole/graphics/oldstats/1989-football-stats.pdf

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
I can add another that may be of interest - especially to those here who appreciate a stout defense.

Florida set a record last night holding their opponent to the fewest yards on offense (53) in the history of the program.

Of course, the opponent was only North Texas...but still...I think it's a great testament to our defense!
Hope Del Rio can come back soon. I think Mac really likes him.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Yes it was. I remember listening to it live. I think ole miss was on probation at the time so the game was not televised.
I remember listening to it live, as well. My roommate gave up at 0-21, and left for a while. I told him, "Just wait. There's a lot of time left." Just one of many things he should've listened to me about.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.