kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
This is Where the Football Season Never Ends! Bama News First, and Foremost,
interesting SEC news, and salie
nt football news, Updated Daily

[FONT=&quot]There were a hundred topics to discuss after Saturday's Alabama-Ole Miss game, but one that attracted almost no conversation at all. Yet it was the very issue that had dominated the preseason almost to the point of obsession. The quarterback battle at Alabama is over. There wasn't any announcement or celebration, not from Nick Saban or anyone else. Fireworks were not....[/FONT]

CECIL HURT: Ole Miss takeaway: Hurts is our man-tuscaloosanews

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama stages huge comeback in wild win over Ole Miss | SI.com

Commentary from rbr on piece already posted
With all three timeouts remaining, Ole Miss coach Hugh Freeze opted to kick deep instead of trying another onside kick. Alabama, which averaged 7.8 yards a carry in the second half, would try to run out the clock on the ground. After Damien Harris ripped off a 17-yard run to the Alabama 45-yard line, quarterback Jalen Hurts handed to Scarbrough on first down. Scarbrough gained four yards before he was hit. The ball floated in the air for a fraction of a second and fell, where one of Scarbrough’s teammates jumped on it. Alabama then ran out the clock on a rollercoaster victory.
That fumble was certainly a scary moment in the game as an Ole Miss defender put a hat directly on the football. Thank goodness young freshman Jonah Williams was in the vicinity and paying attention.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Chad Kelly takes the blame after Rebels lose to Alabama
It’s on me," Kelly said. "I gave them a free 14 points just like that. As a quarterback you can’t do that. It stinks that I’m sitting up here saying that again, but I have to correct it because it’s on me. If I don’t turn the ball over like that, we probably win the game." While Kelly was partially responsible for the loss, his turnovers weren’t the only reasons why No. 17 Ole Miss (1-2, 0-1 SEC) blew a 24-3 lead. The defense had difficulty containing dual-threat quarterback Jalen Hurts, and the offense settled for a field goal with 6:03 left in the third quarter to tie it at 27 despite operating from inside the 5.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Alabama coach Nick Saban ties Bear Bryant, passes Steve Spurrier on list of most wins over AP-ranked opponents-seccountry/rbr

Alabama coach Nick Saban ties Bear Bryant, passes Steve Spurrier on list of most wins over AP-ranked opponents
With the win, the Alabama coach joined Bear Bryant with 65 victories over opponents ranked in the Associated Press poll. The Rebels were No. 19 on Saturday. Saban also passed Steve Spurrier, who had a .529 winning percentage against opponents ranked in the AP poll.
Joe Paterno and Bobby Bowden top the list. With the way Alabama's program has been so consistent in recent years, do you doubt Saban's ability to threaten them if he can put in the time to do so? You shouldn't.
Saban needs 21 more to take the all-time lead in this category. Playing in the SEC, that would only take about three more years...

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Why Alabama is primed to go undefeated and win another national title | FOX Sports/rbr
Yet while all the focus is on the win, I couldn't help but think about the big picture: If the Rebels --€“ a team that has had success against Alabama -- couldn't beat the Crimson Tide under the craziest of conditions, what chance does anyone else have? Furthermore, are we already at a point where its "Alabama and everyone else" in college football?
That's pushing it considering the way Louisville, Houston, and Ohio State are playing. Lots of football to be played, however. The ACC race is shaping up to be interesting, as it is highly plausible that Louisville could lose at Clemson while Clemson loses in Tallahassee, creating a three-team tie at the top of the Atlantic division. As far as the SEC goes:

Kirk Herbstreit
✔@KirkHerbstreit

After 3 weeks..outside of Bama, A&M, Arkansas, and maybe Ole Miss the SEC looks down big time by their own standards.

Coming into the season, some were convinced that trips to LSU and Tennessee contributed to a brutal schedule. While the Tide can afford to take neither lightly, those games look very winnable at this point.

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
rbr op
Aaron Sterling, a three-star defensive end from Tucker, Ga., has backed off his pledge from Alabama according to ESPN and other reports. ESPN's Gerry Hamilton reported that Sterling visited North Carolina State over the weekend. Sterling's commitment to Alabama came last Christmas Day. He hadn't been mentioned much with Alabama lately, so it's not a shock that he is no longer on the commitment list.
You never want to hear that the Tide lost a commitment, though some in the industry seem to believe that Alabama had backed off on him. Still, defensive line
has to be a priority in this class. Next year's freshman kicker looks good though:

Brandon Ruiz
@BrandonRRuiz
Alabama Fans Here Are My Mid-Season Highlights!
#RollTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.