Charmian Carr (Liesl Von Trapp) Dead at 73

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sorry to hear this. She was 21 when she portrayed the eldest of the Von Trapp children.

That was one of the movies of my youth - when my father was still alive. A lot of sentimental value and gives a little insight into the Austrian's perspective on the war too.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
my parents got engaged after going to see that movie on a date. i have always liked the movie.
one of my Mom's favorite movies and as a result one of my least favorite as back in the days of 1 family TV that we grew up in if it was on, that was what we were watching no matter what else was on one of the other 4 stations. Football games, Star Wars, whatever didn't matter the TV was taken with a bunch of singing little brats

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
one of my Mom's favorite movies and as a result one of my least favorite as back in the days of 1 family TV that we grew up in if it was on, that was what we were watching no matter what else was on one of the other 4 stations. Football games, Star Wars, whatever didn't matter the TV was taken with a bunch of singing little brats
in the year before she passed, my mom made my brother and i watch it with her and my dad. it was on one of the networks one night and my brother and i whined something awful wanting to watch whatever stupid crap was on the other channels in 1980, but she said we were going to watch it and be quiet because she and my dad got engaged at that movie and they were going to enjoy it. it's been one of my favorite movies since.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.